Battey Pump

HB Fisheye

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2017
Messages
135
Reaction score
100
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried this Populo battery operated water pump? I'm thinking of using it for draining the tank during a water change.
1666654808912.png
 
If an outlets not close by maybe... Price is crazy tho imo. Like @BroccoliFarmer said much much cheaper options
What I use
Hygger 660 GPH Quick Water Change Aquarium Pump Submersible Fountain Water Pump Fish Tank Pond Drain Transfer Pump with 2 Adaptors https://a.co/d/gTsg5e8
Do you use a pump to mix your new saltwater? Cuz that'd be a consideration for me w the battery one..
 
I think you would need to invest in some ear plugs to go with it.

 
I think you would need to invest in some ear plugs to go with it.


It's a knockoff of the Milwaukee brand fluid pumps. What the op posted screams junk, but I use the Milwaukee ones at work regularly. Cool part is that the impeller is serviceable. I'm with everyone else, keep a cheap sub 10$ AC aquarium pump around. When it dies from the shaft eventually rotting away, just get another.

Screenshot_20221025-072352.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new