Battle has stalled with LCA Dino's

  • Thread starter Thread starter OceanJack
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

OceanJack

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2018
Messages
198
Reaction score
83
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been battling LCA dinos for the past couple of months, have tried everything in short of removing sand again. Had them a while back and ripped sand out, that was the only way to remedy my situation.

I did a total blackout, stopped water changes, and bought the UV sand sweeper which helped a ton but I'm still seeing patches that will not go away regardless of what I do. Dosed Microbe Bacter Lift.

What has worked for those who can't get rid of the dinos? I'm going to try dosing silicates next to increase diatoms, that's my last resort before ripping sand out again.
 
Thanks for the good read, I'll get some silicates and dose. I'm kinda at a cross roads with my tank, between the dinos, macro algae and vermetid snails. I'm thinking about resetting, taking rocks out and bleaching the tank and starting over.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new