Battle With GHA in a tank where removing rock is not possible

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Forgot that I also installed a Turbo Aquatics Rev4 L2 algae scrubber last week. A small amount of brown\green algae is beginning to grow on the screen.

Oh and there is a refugium with Sea Lettuce from @AlgaeBarn .

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try, but the main problem areas are on the sides of the rockwork...and it is too large to remove. Grrrr.

Just ordered 20 scarlet hermits to add to the CUC (Yellow tang, Bristletooth tang, turbos, astreas, ceriths, tuxedos and now scarlets). Oh, GFO too. FWIW, I would not use GFO again as it is waaay too messy and I got the High Capacity version from BRS which supposedly has less fines in it than the standard. I'll try RowaPhos next.
Three things got rid of mine and I had a forest. Urchins turbos and raising magnesium to 1500 plus. 90% of my GHA or briopsis is gone now and I'm glad to have the remaining scattered around the tank for the crew to eat so they don't starve.

I should also add that coraline is starting to cover my rocks Sonim sure that helps also.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot that I also installed a Turbo Aquatics Rev4 L2 algae scrubber last week. A small amount of brown\green algae is beginning to grow on the screen.

Oh and there is a refugium with Sea Lettuce from @AlgaeBarn .
If you’re going the scrubber route, Turbo would be my go to. We go way back.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you’re going the scrubber route, Turbo would be my go to. We go way back.

Yep, Bud is fantastic. The unit is very nicely built and so turnkey. Cutting the rails for support was the most time consuming piece of the install.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back