Battlecorals Bliss and Shag Priority discussion thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Contest Piece Selections

• Therman's Rainbow

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • BC Bliss

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • Shawn Bennet Yellow Tort

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • June Ruby

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Shag Priority

Votes: 46 36.8%
  • Red Robin

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWIII we got our post removed from the other thread after two people tonight PM’ed me to thank me about the overflow isn’t that a crying shame that someone will be tricked into buying the shadow because our post got axed

Uh yeah noticed that. Lol. I didn't even say anything negative about the synergy. I forgot it was a sponsor thread. When I get my new overflow I will just make a comparison thread.

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my strategy....

upload_2019-1-25_20-38-47.png
upload_2019-1-25_20-51-50.jpeg

I even got a new dosing pump to add the “magic sauce”

upload_2019-1-25_20-50-59.jpeg

See you sucka’s in the winners circle!!:cool:

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are silly, lol. I’ve only won one contest before.
So I read that you are going to win the contest, I would love to see an FTS of your reef... just to see what we are going up against. Actually I would like to see a FTS of everyone’s reef to see all of the competition, or when the contest starts everyone should put an FTS with there contest coral in it and then the close up with the ruler..... what does everyone think about this?????

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen your sps thread man! So growth going on there for sure;Wideyed
Soo. What everyone's strategy to win? You don't have to tell. I wouldn't.
I’ll say my secrets because I like for fellow reefers to learn from my successes and or failures. My reef is running on Aquaforest but I don’t go completely by the AF recommendations.

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping parameters stable and equipment clean is my main focus. Not going to change much.

I'm hoping I get a chance to setup my doser this weekend. Had the thing for a month and haven't even opened the box. Adding alk and ca manually, morning and night, sure is getting old.
What Doser did you get?

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who makes that one? I have a 5 Kore Doser and not 100% happy with it! Maybe a calcium reactor would be better, because we ain’t stopping!!!

Got it from Reefbreeders.com

A calcium reactor will be on my next system. Looking to upgrade into a larger tank. I'd like to move next year, so I'll just save up till I'm in the new house.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet!!! I got a Therman’s Rainbow coming not a favorite in the contest, but we’ll see what happens when it goes inside my Reef!
Beautiful coral
Coral Box. Hope it works out ok. I've read mixed reviews.
i like mine I have upgraded to two Dos now and now use it primary for peroxide and acropower but for the price u can’t beat it u just have to understand it’s not a top of the line doser so it’s not going to be perfect u will get air bubbles and with that it won’t be exactly what you want to dose but if you know you want to dose 10 ml and it’s only dosing 9.75 but your levels are staying the same does it matter? If your consumption rate goes down and you set it to dose 10.5 ml but it’s only 10.25 because of the air bubbles and your tank stays consitant does it matter? If it does then you will not like the doser and will need to spend triple the amount of money to dose exactly what you want

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it from Reefbreeders.com

A calcium reactor will be on my next system. Looking to upgrade into a larger tank. I'd like to move next year, so I'll just save up till I'm in the new house.
Sounds almost identical to my situation, but everything down here is expensive, so there’s more saving to do!!!

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful coral

i like mine I have upgraded to two Dos now and now use it primary for peroxide and acropower but for the price u can’t beat it u just have to understand it’s not a top of the line doser so it’s not going to be perfect u will get air bubbles and with that it won’t be exactly what you want to dose but if you know you want to dose 10 ml and it’s only dosing 9.75 but your levels are staying the same does it matter? If your consumption rate goes down and you set it to dose 10.5 ml but it’s only 10.25 because of the air bubbles and your tank stays consitant does it matter? If it does then you will not like the doser and will need to spend triple the amount of money to dose exactly what you want
That’s how I feel about mine, I have to adjust to it, well said by the way.

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a coral box doser for a year and a half and it worked perfectly fine it was accurate and easy to use.
I think that I am going to get one too. Would like to dose the Aquaforest ABC that I dose manually 2 a week, and then sometimes I forget. Great price for the bundle!

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one :D:D:D
I was dosing ABC with a Bubble-magus and worked well so long as I frequently checked the calibration. I noticed from time to time that the doser would over-draw. Now the dosing is done by Apex. Makes it easy to make changes because I can do them in my browser and don't have to go through the setup screen on the doser.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back