Battlecorals Bliss and Shag Priority discussion thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Contest Piece Selections

• Therman's Rainbow

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • BC Bliss

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • Shawn Bennet Yellow Tort

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • June Ruby

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Shag Priority

Votes: 46 36.8%
  • Red Robin

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PE on the shag.
AB7938E8-679E-4CDB-9ADE-4A751583A544.jpeg

Wish I could post a video to show how crazy they flail around in the flow.
I was taking my March entry pic. Just turned the pumps and took a 30sec clip. The current doesn't get up to speed until about half way.

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused. I thought this thread was for official entry only? Or do we enter our monthly pics here also? Thanks.
From my understanding only the post with a picture within 3 days of recieving the frag and one pic every month should be in the official thread. All other questions, comments, and discussion should be here. This is my first contest so I may be wrong. I was waiting to see if someone else would answer but I haven't seen any response.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
W
From my understanding only the post with a picture within 3 days of recieving the frag and one pic every month should be in the official thread. All other questions, comments, and discussion should be here. This is my first contest so I may be wrong. I was waiting to see if someone else would answer but I haven't seen any response.
Well, if no one answers I guess we'll wait to see where the monthly pics get posted.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if no one answers I guess we'll wait to see where the monthly pics get posted.

Bliss Official: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/battlecorals-bliss-official-entries.551582/
Shag Official: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/battlecorals-shag-priority-official-entries.552838/

@rcpalmer1 has it right.

Last edited:

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK everyone I have a quetion. How much flow is everyone running I have a lot of flow I am wondering if I should back off some. I see some PE some times but not a lot and maybe it just hasnint settled yet 3 days in

reeflife3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK everyone I have a quetion. How much flow is everyone running I have a lot of flow I am wondering if I should back off some. I see some PE some times but not a lot and maybe it just hasnint settled yet 3 days in

I keep mine in a high flow area, with good PE. It looks like little strings blowing around

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm going with lots of flow and about 340 par on my shag. It's directly in front of an MP 40 about 17 inches out and also gets cross current from a gyre on the rear wall. So far PE is good.

InkedIMG_20190304_191155_LI.jpg

Last edited:

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ton of flow. No real long PE yet, but PE is there. Give it time.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw, my box was stuck in Memphis also, for a day. :( I was sure they would all be goners. The only one I lost from the delayed shipment was the bliss, so still waiting for a replacement.
However, the BB unicorn and blood bank survived. :)
So here are pics of those the day I recieved.

bb unicorn.jpg

bloodbank.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back