Battlecorals Bliss and Shag Priority discussion thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Contest Piece Selections

• Therman's Rainbow

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • BC Bliss

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • Shawn Bennet Yellow Tort

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • June Ruby

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Shag Priority

Votes: 46 36.8%
  • Red Robin

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get me wrong here please? But I thought I got into a grow out contest? The rules seem to keep changing. The rules are explicitly expressed on the first page. If people got their frags and didn't post? They are disqualified. And now we bring new people in when the rules said to pay by such a date? Seems rules are meant to be broken these days and they're not for everyone? If this is the way it's going to work I won't be involved in another one. Just my opinion.
I've been an avid lurker of this growout (and the snipes blue growout) -- From what I have seen... and I could have missed something... no rules have changed so far. I simply offered to take a spot so I can join in on the fun. If I can't join then I can't join, no worries.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been an avid lurker of this growout (and the snipes blue growout) -- From what I have seen... and I could have missed something... no rules have changed so far. I simply offered to take a spot so I can join in on the fun. If I can't join then I can't join, no worries.
And that's why I asked not to take it wrong. I know this is a light hearted contest. But to me rules are rules. Every one had the chance to enter. Those that did are in. Those that didn't aren't.

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that's why I asked not to take it wrong. I know this is a light hearted contest. But to me rules are rules. Every one had the chance to enter. Those that did are in. Those that didn't aren't.
Technically if I joined it would mean a bigger prize pool :p I get what you're saying -- I just think in your original post you should have said what you meant. Which is you don't think anyone new should be allowed to join. Because as a whole the rules have stayed the same.

Words are hard to gauge but I do mean this as light heartedly as possible.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically if I joined it would mean a bigger prize pool :p I get what you're saying -- I just think in your original post you should have said what you meant. Which is you don't think anyone new should be allowed to join. Because as a whole the rules have stayed the same.

Words are hard to gauge but I do mean this as light heartedly as possible.
Yeah, that's the problem with email and texts. Hard to read someone the right way sometimes.....
It's all good. I know you were looking to join when it started. Nothing against you personally.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have to re-post my Shag next week. The one I got from Adam was delayed by FedEx for 48 hours and When I got it i thought there was a chance it would survive but it did not. I'm getting a replacement next week and can post a new picture. If this is a problem let me know.

Rich_T

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have to re-post my Shag next week. The one I got from Adam was delayed by FedEx for 48 hours and When I got it i thought there was a chance it would survive but it did not. I'm getting a replacement next week and can post a new picture. If this is a problem let me know.

Sorry to hear this. Shipping delays are hard on everyone involved. I personally have no problem with your re-posting.

Good Luck

Rcollick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my bliss mounted at a 45 degree angle. When I put a ruler up to it to take my picture for the entry it looks like it’s only a centimeter tall. Does that matter?

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get a shot of it with the ruler also at the same angle?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think any of the recent questions or issues should be a problem. (Weird mounting/changing rulers) but since @Fishfinder organized this he will give the official word!

It's getting close to the end of the month! Can't wait to see everyone's entries! Don't expect much growth yet, but still fun to see! Don't forget to make an official post!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if my first entry photo/when I received my frag was on March sixth do I still have to Post a photo for this month?

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with fluconazole affecting polyp extension? Just curious if it's something I should consider or keep digging elsewhere.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with fluconazole affecting polyp extension? Just curious if it's something I should consider or keep digging elsewhere.
Everything I've read says no. I think Mr Shag priority is a finicky beast. PE actually went down for me.

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a coincidence you bring this up. I have a system that has been running fine for 18 months. I decided to go bare bottom. So I have been taking out the sand and back in January I tied in another display tank. The one I put the shag in. In the last few months I have gotten 3 small pitches of bryopsis. I just ordered 4000mg of fluconazole. I can let you know next week if it affects the shag.

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a coincidence you bring this up. I have a system that has been running fine for 18 months. I decided to go bare bottom. So I have been taking out the sand and back in January I tied in another display tank. The one I put the shag in. In the last few months I have gotten 3 small pitches of bryopsis. I just ordered 4000mg of fluconazole. I can let you know next week if it affects the shag.
Make sure you run GFO or something to manage the uptick in PO4. I had a spike of PO4 even after trying to control it with GFO. Who knows what could've happened if I didn't run the GFO. I started the treatment March 4th and had one spike I tamped down but then had another on the 18th that was out of range of my Hanna Checker. Typically I have my PO4 at 0.2 ppm.
upload_2019-3-23_9-44-44.png

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people who have had a problem with this
I found some threads indicating that. Didn't seem like anyone would say it was 100% fluconazole (pharmaceutical or Reef Flux) causing it. In my case nothing else has changed in my tank.

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I used reef flux, 20 capsules, roughly 135 gallons of water, it got rid of the bryopsis but the first few days corals didn’t seem so happy. Nothing happened to any of the corals and I followed all of the steps that were instructed Hope that this helps! Great information given by all of those people before me, good luck!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back