BATTLECORALS FALL GROW OUT CONTEST F.A.Q.'S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
FALL CONTEST F.A.Q's

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 5.31.26 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 9.16.10 AM.png

Hey Guys

Thought It’d be a good idea to consolidate some of the questions that pop up frequently but tend to get buried among the longer sing up thread. so here goes. I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible and if you have a question that's not answered, please don't hesitate to ask. These are all mostly the acute stuff happening now and in the very near future. We can build on this as things progress for sure.

1. How do I sign up?

Answer:
post your username in this thread and mention which pieces you'd like to be included for. Helltroll, blue ghost, or now Bonsai Humilis.

2. Can I join multiple contests?

Answer:
Yes absolutely! When you post in the sign up thread simply mention you'd like to be in all 3. If there is space left you will be added to any or all them.

3. How and when do I pay?

Answer: Once the organizers and I have finalized the contestants list for all three contests, including who's in which one I (as in Adam) will send each of you a PM here on R2R with a link to a page on my site, with instructions on how to proceeded, and some details on shipping as well. After the order is placed I will contact you again through your email. This makes it much easier for me to keep track of the orders and all communications from here will be through email or text. preferably.

4. Can I add on to my contest frag order?

Answer:
yes, in fact the organizers and I have worked hard to make that process as easy as possible. There are some box options in the drop down menu on the contest frag order page. Below is a screen shot of one of the pages you will be sent a link to based on what contest you enter. These examples are for the Helltroll and stateline pack
Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 5.56.00 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 5.56.26 PM.png

5. When will they ship?

Answer:
I am shooting for maybe as soon as next week and all of the following week and probably into the week after that as well for any residuals.

I'm sure I've left some things out so if any of the organizers was to add to this please go ahead. Again, anyone else with questions please don't hesitate to ask any other questions you may have here and I'll add them to this post so they stay in sight.

the main objective of these grow outs is too have fun! So anything we can do to make that happen, we absolutely will. Speaking on behalf of the other three organizers. Of whom I am greatly indebted to:)

@StatelineReefer
@BranchingHammer
@Reefing102

Last edited:

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seems like there’s a split of people measuring from the bottom of the plug vs the top. Is there a preferred method?

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I’ve always measured is from the base of the coral. For 0 day, that’s usually the top of frag plug. I don’t know if there’s a hard and fast rule for this @StatelineReefer @Battlecorals

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think as long as we get a decent idea of the size you're good either way. what do you think?

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think as long as we get a decent idea of the size you're good either way. what do you think?
As long as we can gauge the thickness of the frag plug, we can get a good measurement, no matter where the ruler is placed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back