Battlecorals Snipes Blue Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PSXerholic im coming for ya I’m loaded up for the next year and dialing in my alk dosing to consumption getting closer every day
D6138B8E-99C0-47AD-896E-FCC25F66E482.jpeg
AD355E74-33F2-460C-A92C-9B85DE67A0A8.jpeg
00CA1DD9-A136-4834-85DE-2C8F7D481F04.jpeg

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PSXerholic im coming for ya I’m loaded up for the next year and dialing in my alk dosing to consumption getting closer every day
D6138B8E-99C0-47AD-896E-FCC25F66E482.jpeg
AD355E74-33F2-460C-A92C-9B85DE67A0A8.jpeg
00CA1DD9-A136-4834-85DE-2C8F7D481F04.jpeg
Ahhhh man you make me sad now.........
I just again experienced the importance and positive influence of a stable ALK level recently when I did this Salt Water change with dry salt to get my Bromine down which was waisted time and just caused other issues..................hate water changes now :mad: !!!!

You will hopefully love this thing, keep me posted :):):)
Forum rules do not allow to post what I have in backup, lol

LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhh man you make me sad now.........
I just again experienced the importance and positive influence of a stable ALK level recently when I did this Salt Water change with dry salt to get my Bromine down which was waisted time and just caused other issues..................hate water changes now :mad: !!!!

You will hopefully love this thing, keep me posted :):):)
Forum rules do not allow to post what I have in backup, lol

LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!!
Man what do u have on backup? Got me scared

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man what do u have on backup? Got me scared
Yeah, it scares me too ;Nailbiting
Can't talk about it....... maybe later

However, interesting ALK curve!
Do you turn your lights on at 7?
Like to see light influence on the ALK curve, you know this is barely discussed anywhere since not many have this device yet!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Like to see light influence on the ALK curve, you know this is barely discussed anywhere since not many have this device yet!
Sure thang first Lights come on at 10 am
7E9DDFCF-62FA-4F8F-8942-93E205EC24B9.jpeg

I do not dose 24/7 tho so I’m slowly tailoring it to make my line as flat as possible
05EDF7B1-713A-4542-AC76-C1AB086EAE54.jpeg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I also have this one book in my stash that is going to bring me to the top
78CF48E6-5DF2-4DE2-91BA-EA4F6D13AD46.png

What u know about that sir

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are able to, can you send me a PM when you paid instead of posting it in this thread? It makes it easier and quicker for me to track as I get an email and it won't make the first 3 pages of the thread just a bunch of paid notifications.
How do you send a PM on this forum? Is that the same as 'start a conversation'? I've tried 'start a conversation' three times and never got a response. I was second or third on the original back up list for this contest, but never was notified of a PM being sent to me and it looks like I should've gotten one to let me know a spot has opened up in the contest. That, however, may be a moot point since another issue has come up that I will just post here since I cant figure out how to PM you and I am not confident I'll reach you if I try the 'start a conversation' route.....

The grab bag Battle box I was supposed to receive on Tuesday morning was held up in the Memphis FedEx center for an extra day and did not arrive until yesterday. I was at work all day so my daughter unpacked and acclimated them for me, but I didn't get to see what Adam had selected for me until last night. As it turns out, the box included a Sniper's Blue frag. Two of the other frags in the shipment started to RTN from the shipping delay (*) but so far the Snipers is hanging in there.
Would I be able to enter the contest using this frag if it survives its bad start? If so, do I just contact Adam and pay him the additional $10 for the prize contribution?
I don't know if you would consider this fair, but since the plan is to go 1 year from date of receipt of the individual frags I thought maybe I could just start my clock from yesterday. Here is a picture of my frag taken this morning in case assessing its size and degree of encrustation (?) would help you make a decision.

snipers.jpg

(*Adam, being Adam, has assured me he'll replace the frags that the shipping delay damaged, and he suggested we give it another week or so to make sure none of the others don't develop delayed onset of problems from the shipping snafu. Frankly, I am surprised that any of them still had skin after sitting in box for so long--another testament to the quality of Battle Corals!)

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you send a PM on this forum? Is that the same as 'start a conversation'? I've tried 'start a conversation' three times and never got a response. I was second or third on the original back up list for this contest, but never was notified of a PM being sent to me and it looks like I should've gotten one to let me know a spot has opened up in the contest. That, however, may be a moot point since another issue has come up that I will just post here since I cant figure out how to PM you and I am not confident I'll reach you if I try the 'start a conversation' route.....

The grab bag Battle box I was supposed to receive on Tuesday morning was held up in the Memphis FedEx center for an extra day and did not arrive until yesterday. I was at work all day so my daughter unpacked and acclimated them for me, but I didn't get to see what Adam had selected for me until last night. As it turns out, the box included a Sniper's Blue frag. Two of the other frags in the shipment started to RTN from the shipping delay (*) but so far the Snipers is hanging in there.
Would I be able to enter the contest using this frag if it survives its bad start? If so, do I just contact Adam and pay him the additional $10 for the prize contribution?
I don't know if you would consider this fair, but since the plan is to go 1 year from date of receipt of the individual frags I thought maybe I could just start my clock from yesterday. Here is a picture of my frag taken this morning in case assessing its size and degree of encrustation (?) would help you make a decision.

snipers.jpg

(*Adam, being Adam, has assured me he'll replace the frags that the shipping delay damaged, and he suggested we give it another week or so to make sure none of the others don't develop delayed onset of problems from the shipping snafu. Frankly, I am surprised that any of them still had skin after sitting in box for so long--another testament to the quality of Battle Corals!)
Yes you were next in line. I did try to start a conversation with you but you don't have the option next to your name for some reason. I and a few others tried to tag you in the post on the start up contest page to try and see if you were going to enter.

The contest prize pool ended up being $20 so we can have a $700 first place prize and a $300 second place prize. I think it's fine to enter the contest since you just got yours and it's close to when we get ours, as long as you pay the prize pool money. If anyone disagrees, please say so. Make sure to read the rules on the official entries page and post your pic there for it to count.

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...The contest prize pool ended up being $20 so we can have a $700 first place prize and a $300 second place prize. I think it's fine to enter the contest since you just got yours and it's close to when we get ours, as long as you pay the prize pool money. If anyone disagrees, please say so. Make sure to read the rules on the official entries page and post your pic there for it to count.

Can't say whether I agree or disagree without a full tank shot. ;)

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba, well, I just started feeding my tank recently like a few weeks ago and I do not see a significant difference other than maybe a bit better PE in the night/evening time, but not necessarily from Reef Roids. I mix it with Coral Frenzy and some LRS food.

I do however see that detritus accumulates and more stuff in the water and I'm unsure if that is a good thing :-(
Maybe every other day is too much on this system in this young age.
I just simply followed the hype that everyone is feeding Roids nowadays, lol.

One of my Reefing buddies which I helped a lot on his tank is in town today and wants to bring me "a new improved filtersock" today to get better water clarity. Not sure yet how these will work out.
Will see........

@bubbaque
That is some sort of an "improved filtersock" :D

Did assemble the LEGO kit right away and installed it yesterday on one of the two return lines.
Will see how it works out, I definitely do not want to go back to traditional filtersocks !!!

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be finding out Monday whether or not i'll be transferring to LA for my job. Still in but in the chance that I get transferred how easy would it be to travel with sps?

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the parameters of the tank the contest corals are coming from and what lights are they under? Placement in tank of the colony they were fragged from? PAR doesn't do me much good since I don't have a meter but I guess if its known that might be useful to others.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a tough call. Some people have success setting up a transfer tank and everything being fine but others don't. I think it comes down to how confident you feel about nothing going wrong and getting the tank stable enough for sps.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a rough enough time just moving a 100g tank 150ft across the house so I could start a bigger build in the original location. There was so much instability in the move and then the transfer that I didn't get any growth for a couple months. I'd say skip the contest if you are moving....taking a month or 2 of growth away from your frag will likely cause you to not have much of a chance. But, it's only $20 for the entry, so if you'll still have fun then go for it.

BTW, I moved a 10g tank 4 hours away by having an LFS hold livestock for a week while I got setup and then had it shipped to me. only lost 1 coral in the process. Was much easier than trying to move it and get it setup quickly.

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an interesting read about the Snipers: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/hugo-what-the-heck-is-this.195526/
From what Adam and Hugo describe early in the thread, this was a finicky, hard to keep, slow growing coral. But the more recent entries reflect that it is now a fast grower and hardy ('bullet proof' I believe one poster said). That is fascinating. How does this transformation happen?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back