Battlecorals Snipes Blue Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubbaque Ok so I’m dealing with AEFW gonna have to frag the snipers blue. How do I continue to measure for my monthly entry if it makes it? It’s not out yet but it’s on the edge of the cliff...
That’s a total bummer.

Just keep measuring like you were doing.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubbaque Ok so I’m dealing with AEFW gonna have to frag the snipers blue. How do I continue to measure for my monthly entry if it makes it? It’s not out yet but it’s on the edge of the cliff...

Sorry to hear. A few approaches for aefw, which way are you treating?

miPapareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the progression of my guy. he's encrusted a bit and ~50% taller. I feel he stalled the last month, I have some ideas on why. He's doing fine, but not breaking any speed records. Yet, he's probably the fast growing of the 3-4 battlecorals I got in that order however.

The next month should be more stable (dang bottom of Hanna reagents strikes again).

2018.08.24.Sniper0.jpg

2018.12.26.Sniper4.jpg
That’s impressive

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to gyres about a month and a half ago. Since the switch I have noticed an increase in growth in all my sps. The tank has much better all around flow now. I am becoming a believer that flow is more important than lighting

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to gyres about a month and a half ago. Since the switch I have noticed an increase in growth in all my sps. The tank has much better all around flow now. I am becoming a believer that flow is more important than lighting

What program are you running. I have two and just went with their OG program.

That's not really a contrarian stance, I think quite a few people put flow near the top. Water Chemistry, Flow, Light is my order.

We love to over estimate the importance of light since it's the easiest to fix, most directly tied to spending $$$, and involves some type of "picking a brand" tribalism.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have the same 3/4” frag as when we started. I knew it would be tough with a frag that size but now I’m looking around at everyone else’s frag like man, there’s no way. Darn my luck! ARGH!!!
At least you have lots of other beautiful colonies to look at!

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a post earlier that said 47 official entries. Was that the final count? December had 28 submissions and November 26. Did we really drop roughly 20 participants in the first 3 months?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a post earlier that said 47 official entries. Was that the final count? December had 28 submissions and November 26. Did we really drop roughly 20 participants in the first 3 months?
The official number of paid entries was 48.
That’s what kind of sucks about these contest, not many people ever make it to the end. We still have 8 months to go and at this rate many will not be left.

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See I’m in it to see how my tank is doing compared to others here that are known to have awesome tanks with crazy growth and coloration. I know I’m behind but it really is fun. Maybe it’s the coral, maybe it’s the people, or maybe it’s both. I know life gets in the way too so that could’ve had an effect on others too. Soon, I’m going to try the new ATI Essentials Pro stuff. I’m sure it will take a while for the tank to get used to change, but maybe it’ll be a turbo boost for my tank to kick some glutes!! :p

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soon, I’m going to try the new ATI Essentials Pro stuff.

I swapped from Triton Other Methods to ATI Essentials, soon to Essentials Pro. It was a non-event. I think switching between the various 3 parts (Triton Other Methods, ATI, FM, TM, AF) isn't a big deal. Changing export method (bioballs, fuge, carbon dosing, etc) is likely to cause an upheaval, but I wouldn't sweat changing from one alk/ca supplment w/traces to another.

p.s. I did test alk daily and knew the conversions amounts, so it barely changed and locked in quickly.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The official number of paid entries was 48.
That’s what kind of sucks about these contest, not many people ever make it to the end. We still have 8 months to go and at this rate many will not be left.
Surprised at how many people drop out the only thing you have to do is take one picture a month.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swapped from Triton Other Methods to ATI Essentials, soon to Essentials Pro. It was a non-event. I think switching between the various 3 parts (Triton Other Methods, ATI, FM, TM, AF) isn't a big deal. Changing export method (bioballs, fuge, carbon dosing, etc) is likely to cause an upheaval, but I wouldn't sweat changing from one alk/ca supplment w/traces to another.

p.s. I did test alk daily and knew the conversions amounts, so it barely changed and locked in quickly.
I ran ati essentials on my old tank I was very happy with it. The only thing I didnt like about it is how diluted it is.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprised at how many people drop out the only thing you have to do is take one picture a month.
I think some people’s frags start to go down hill and they don’t want to share it. We are all in this together and sharing pics while it’s good or bad helps motivate others to continue to post.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%

Back