Battlecorals Snipes Blue Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec entry. No branching at all unlike the other cool kids here but color is mostly teal on the tips
1398E4F4-9BFD-4A2A-A218-48084FF00352.jpeg

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Gorgeous color. I haven't seen that on mine at all, not sure I've seen it in others. Beautiful.

p.s. I copy-n-pasted your official post over in into the discussion thread

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the rules say I can do anything to help my frag grow. I took everyones advice about dumping a ton of chemicals in the tank at once such as adding lots more salt, increase the lighting, and well so far I can't tell if its helped my frag grow, but it made my tank grow!
46714285811_c595c23874_c.jpg

Lots of work to do still!

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous color. I haven't seen that on mine at all, not sure I've seen it in others. Beautiful.

p.s. I copy-n-pasted your official post over in into the discussion thread
Thanks @HolisticBear ! Yea the teals are on almost all of the tips. Pretty cool tbh. I hope I get a “random coloration” award after the growout since its not growing as fast as everybody elses lol

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys - I'm not in the contest, but I've shared mine here a few times. Just wanted to post an update since I hit the one year mark last week since receiving the frag from BC. Mine went through a bleaching event and an alk swing in October that caused it to lose flesh off the branches. One tough coral.

PvKc2vUl.jpg

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have an issue switching t5 bulb spectrum and blue plus are great bulbs, imo. Not sure on VHO. I haven't used those in probably 12 years now.

I also switched from led/t5 hybrid to mh only then to mh/Kessil hybrid without an issue. Probably doesn't answer your question, but I hope it helps.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone from the snipes blue contest looking to be in the new growout?
Consider me in! I had a few issues when I had to change my Nitrate reactor media, used a different product, overused carbohydrates and Snipers did die to make it short ugh....

However back in excessive growth now, better then ever before so what are we growing next ??????

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider me in! I had a few issues when I had to change my Nitrate reactor media, used a different product, overused carbohydrates and Snipers did die to make it short ugh....

However back in excessive growth now, better then ever before so what are we growing next ??????

Did you make it in? The new contest seemed to explode out the gate and it was a bit confusing with the moderator change. @Fishfinder put in alot of work to make it happen in the end.

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeeeez these updated pics! Mine is just stagnant now, no branching, just additional encrusting.

Back