Battlecorals Snipes Blue Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking real good @bubbaque! That thing is really taking off for you.

I don't even want to post pics of mine. Dinos are still pretty bad for me. Nothing I've tried is knocking them back much at all. Hopefully they'll be gone one day:mad:

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking real good @bubbaque! That thing is really taking off for you.

I don't even want to post pics of mine. Dinos are still pretty bad for me. Nothing I've tried is knocking them back much at all. Hopefully they'll be gone one day:mad:
That’s a bummer. Have you tried dosing twice a day?

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a bummer. Have you tried dosing twice a day?

I've been dosing 1.5ml per 10 gallons before bed and again before work for the past week at least. I've been doing the same dose once per day for the past month or so.

I have noticed a bit more green algae growing on my glass. I'm hoping that's a sign that things are turning around. I even noticed some of my astrea and cerith snails eating some of the dinos. At least they seemed to be eating it.

I'll post up pic when I get home tonight. So you can see what I'm dealing with.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you run low alk?

I started with Triton Other Methods in 2017. I was never comfortable with their 7.0, but I've always run at 8.0. I'm swapped to ATI Essentials last summer, but I kept my tank at 8.0.

I've thought a few times about running it higher like 8.5, not quite 9 (seems common for Calk Reactor setups), but higher.

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having trouble with their frag growing so slowly that others are growing over it? I’ve puttied around the Snipers twice already and cut some corals away from it. This darn thing just won’t take off.
84326973-7E9B-45A1-B4D9-00573B77762E.jpeg

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hasn't changed in two months. I have several other things taking off, but not this one. I'm waiting till the last minute to post my pic hoping it will at least change a little!

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having trouble with their frag growing so slowly that others are growing over it? I’ve puttied around the Snipers twice already and cut some corals away from it. This darn thing just won’t take off.
84326973-7E9B-45A1-B4D9-00573B77762E.jpeg
Mine has done nothing. It encrusted for a little while, but otherwise there has been minimal growth.

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hasn't changed in two months. I have several other things taking off, but not this one. I'm waiting till the last minute to post my pic hoping it will at least change a little!

Lol. I was doing that same thing and then I missed a month so I stopped and started posting early. I’ll worry about waiting until the last day on the very last pic. Besides I’ve given up on this one. Honestly I knew from the size of the frag I got verses what others received it was going to be impossible. I would’ve needed everyone who received double branchers with frags twice the size of mine to lose their frags.

At this point I’m just enjoying the pics coming in from everyone else and how being in the competition makes me stay dedicated to tank maintenance.

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a macro of my non-branching, just encrusting frag lol (just for fun).
_MG_1748.jpg
_MG_1666.jpg

New work schedule + new (1st) baby means unstable feeding schedule. Hopefully I find a better tank routine soon to catch up on the "branchers" and for the soon to start new growout challenge.

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
January entry photo.

I like Shushitheshiba's comp images and finally used the PhotoGrid app he had suggested...

I dont know why I do comp pics on mine tbh. It looks the same, except my first pic was the frag out of the water :oops:

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VHOs quit one me ;Facepalm. Just ordered Aquatic Life Hybrid 61" Fixture. Threw in the ApexEL while I was ordering stuff. My tank has gone through so much crap since this competition started. I've had alkalinity issues, powerheads quit on me, RODI membrane go bad.

Anyone run light fixtures that don't quite run the length of the tank? My tank is 72" but 61" was the longest hybrid fixture I could find. Do you think the ends of my tank will be so poorly lit the SPS die back?

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No change from mine this month, with that said, I did a complete tank upgrade going from my 90 to 160. 21 days in since I moved all my inhabitants over, my only loss has been an eclectus shroom I got 7 months ago that didn't like the increased flow, detached overnight and is currently mia. I thought it was in low flow, my bad. I keep telling myself it's just hiding somewhere...

Focus from here on out is understanding the new tank parameters before fine tuning the levels, and keeping things stable. Super excited about adding an Alkatronic to monitor alk! It is hooked up to the apex too, though I like the Alkatronic dashboard view better.
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.57.20 PM.png

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VHOs quit one me ;Facepalm. Just ordered Aquatic Life Hybrid 61" Fixture. Threw in the ApexEL while I was ordering stuff. My tank has gone through so much crap since this competition started. I've had alkalinity issues, powerheads quit on me, RODI membrane go bad.

Anyone run light fixtures that don't quite run the length of the tank? My tank is 72" but 61" was the longest hybrid fixture I could find. Do you think the ends of my tank will be so poorly lit the SPS die back?
I have the same situation. I have kessil 360’s on each end (6 total). I get good coverage on the ends. I think you’ll be happy.

I used to have 6 ft vho’s as well. They were great!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back