Battlecorals Snipes Blue Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you doing it?

Most likely through unethical means;)

I'm dosing peroxide twice a day. 1.5ml per 10 gallons. About 1 hour after lights out and again about 4 hours before the lights come on.

I also dose Vibrant every night at the same time as the peroxide. Following the dosage amount on the bottle.

Finally, I'm maintaining my nitrates between 2 and 5ppm, and po4 between .05 and .1ppm through dosing as well. This dosing is done 3 times per day to maintain levels. 1ppm of no3 and .03ppm of po4 is dosed each time.

I tried each method individually and did not see results. I gave each method 8 weeks to make an effect before moving on the next. No single method made lasting results. So, I decided to combine them all and it seems to be working so far(knock on wood, again)

All dosing is currently done manually. It's kinda tedious and I can't wait to get my doser up and running to take away some of the work. That should be tomorrow if all goes well.

One last thing to add, dinos suck!!!

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only got rid of dinos as long as I dont have sand. Tried everything including what you are doing over 2 years. Took the sand out and gone in a week. I tried putting sand in once and i had a massive outbreak within 2 days

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New fixture up but without the canopy the tank seems dimmer.
0E9C1FC7-2199-4A4E-94EE-9CCC37D39A9B.jpeg

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a kalk stirrer on my tank thinking it would lower my 2 part dose a little bit. I was wrong the kalk stirrer increased my ph to 8.4 during the day and 8.2 at night. My dosing went from 155 mls which kept it around 8 now I am to dosing 165 mls which keeps it at 7.3. I ll probably end up being around 175 mls to get it back to 8 where I like it. Kalk is working better then my co2 scrubber my ph was only 8.2 during the day and around 8 at night. The stirrer has been on the tank for about 2 weeks.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switching my lighting back to t5/led hybrid for the next week or so. My metal halide ballast quit working today. It was pretty old, best guess is 8 years in service. Surprised it lasted this long to be honest. I'm too cheap to pay for expedited shipping. Hope the new ballast gets here by Saturday. Don't think I'll see it till Monday or Tuesday though.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for the group: For those that bought multiple battlecorals corals when they got the sniper blue, how the does growth rate compare?

My sniper blue has grown 3-4x faster than the Hellboy and Bellicose Trobairitz. That Cherry's Hellboy might be the slowest grower I've ever purchased.

In my tank, I have a few SPS growing faster than Sniper, but not many. It's on the fast side in my tank.

Last edited:

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for the group: For those that bought multiple battlecorals corals when they got the sniper blue, how the does growth rate compare?

My sniper blue has grown 3-4x faster than the Hellboy and Bellicose Trobairitz. That Cherry's Hellboy might be the slowest grower I've ever purchased.

In my tank, but I have a few SPS growing faster than Sniper, but not many. It's on the fast side in my tank.

Mines doing the opposite of what I want. The others I got seem to be growing faster.

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a kalk stirrer on my tank thinking it would lower my 2 part dose a little bit. I was wrong the kalk stirrer increased my ph to 8.4 during the day and 8.2 at night. My dosing went from 155 mls which kept it around 8 now I am to dosing 165 mls which keeps it at 7.3. I ll probably end up being around 175 mls to get it back to 8 where I like it. Kalk is working better then my co2 scrubber my ph was only 8.2 during the day and around 8 at night. The stirrer has been on the tank for about 2 weeks.

Sounds like your corals are really loving that pH which is probably allowing them to grow nice dense skeletons.

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In my tank, I have a few SPS growing faster than Sniper, but not many. It's on the fast side in my tank.

The Snipers is right up there with the other Battlecoral frags I bought at the same time. The SWK Invalida is growing just about at the same pace. The only frag that is growing faster is the ATL Tulip Milli--which is surprising because I have had horrible success with millis in the past....those that hung in for any length of time did so with minimal PE. The Tulip is so shaggy I really can't see the base colors well. I told Adam about my bad luck with millis and asked him to pick one out for me that might survive the challenges millis seem to suffer in my system, and this thing is going gang-busters

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, switched from the 3-part ATI essentials to the 2-part Essentials Pro and had 3-5 days of Alk swings that were about 0.5 per day. I was dosing 330 ml of the 3-part, which should equate to about 65 ml of Pro per day, and I'm down to 35 to keep Alk stable at 8.3, Hoping now that it is stable I will get growth back up and my consumption will increase again. It's a shame for the contest, as I felt I was doing pretty well, but I'm sure this will set me back enough to be out of the running!

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran out of the old BRS 2 part in the containers and had to switch to the bags. Needless to say the packaging isn't the only difference. It did not mix the same and my alk dropped low. It took me some time to figure out what was going on.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • None.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.7%

Back