Battlecorals Vivid's Rainbow Acropora - Contest Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to mount mine horizontally but Adam told me it's to probably not as it has been encrusting already in the vertical position.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine placed under too much light. It’s about a year old. But it’s seriously encrusted so I can’t easily move it. Corals around it are doing outstanding.
89B3F036-8A54-48FA-8B44-C28D6C833699.jpeg

B63F3A43-3F61-44DB-820D-DC07D9748512.png

The original colony at Vivid was under a 1000 watt metal halide. It's almost impossible to give this coral too much light. Though it will bleach or brown out if you look at it the wrong way.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180129_173735.jpg

This is mine as of today. Kinda hard to get a good pic with my phone. Color is kinda washed out in the pic but pretty close. It's encrusted the super glue a little since I've gotten it.

alten78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had theirs die or look like it's on deaths door?
It's pretty early in the game and I wouldn't want to admit it if I did, I'd keep posting the same picture a few months in a row lol.

I honestly thought at least half would either die or quit after the first couple months just based on previous contests, not that I don't have faith in my fellow reefers ;)

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty early in the game and I wouldn't want to admit it if I did, I'd keep posting the same picture a few months in a row lol.

I honestly thought at least half would either die or quit after the first couple months just based on previous contests, not that I don't have faith in my fellow reefers ;)
I agree, I just remember in the other growout, one or two died early on, so I was curious if it happened to anyone as there are way more people in the contest this time.

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my replacement pack today, everything was happy and got my initial post entered in the other thread.

joesaf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original colony at Vivid was under a 1000 watt metal halide. It's almost impossible to give this coral too much light. Though it will bleach or brown out if you look at it the wrong way.

Yes when I first bought this frag it was a brown turd with too little light until I moved it here. Where the corallites right away turned purple and started encrusting like crazy but the base is still brownish with shades of red and white with a green sheen under actinic. Has so much potential.

Vivid, however as a pretty deep tank (800g). I thought Dave has been using radions since the G2s? Not sure how long ago he made this breed of Acro into a designer coral.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can make time for it tonight I'm gonna go through and see how many entries we have so far and what still needs to be shipped, etc.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back