Bayer Dip For a Monti

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
6,864
Reaction score
6,574
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my rainbow monti seems to have some kind of pest eating it and after much reading I have decided to try the Bayer dip. I looked on the forum and found many different recipes(ml concentrate:oz water) and lengths of time, so my question is what mix and time would be best for a monti that seems to be rapidly deteriorating?
 
Might be too late to save It but I've tried a bunch of different concentrations and dip times to be all effective for me. 10ml per cup of water for 10 mins and a couple saltwater rinses seems to be a good sweet spot for me and others.
 
+1 I have tried many different concentrations with no ill side affects. I honestly stop measuring in ml and just shake/pour till I get a nice milky mixture in however much water I have in my bucket. I have left acros and acans in the dip for up to an hour before, due to getting side tracked and forgetting I'm even dipping, with no issues. Though, smooth skin acros seem to be sensitive to the dip so I make sure I only dip those for 10-15 min max and sometimes at a more controlled concentration. As for your monti if it's deteriorating I would go easy on the concentration to ensure no extra added stress to the coral. I would think 10ml per one cup of sw would do the trick.
 
Thanks for the info, fingers crossed it is not too late.
 
(I use bayer)Get a turkey baster and when your dipping gently blow the coral off. I have found this will help to blow off any unwanted pest i have seen pest make it through dips when I don't blow them off. Red bugs are the worst and many sps frags I've been getting are covered. Remember always dip and at corals....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new