Baylite temp controller

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with this temp controller? I wanna throw my eheim Jager out of the window and can't get it calibrated I figure this thinf may be able to fix my problem.

Trying to keep tank between 77.5 and 78.5 and this heater is just not having it. I shouldn't of even touched it today should've just left it.

Anyway is this baylite safe? It wasn't very expenisive and a clown and shrimp arnt worth a house fire to me.

20200810_152333.jpg

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to these from inkbird. They are amazing, keep my tank writhing 0.2F which is outstanding. The probe must be coated in silicone however.
I never really trusted my inkbirds but I fully trust this controller even though it’s still plugged into an apex :)

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get reef safe silicone which is any silicone without added anti fungals or microbials. Use tour fingers to apply over the probe in a thin but obvious layer. I let it cure then for 1-2 weeks

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running a Bayite for several months In fa t I just put it on a new tank and now run the Bayite through my Apex. I. replaced a Inkbird with it.
I ordered a new Inkbird waterproof probe to use on the Bayite off of Amazon.

I used a Hanna Temp check to calibrate both my Apex and Bayite and they both still read the same temp 3 weeks later.

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running a Bayite for several months In fa t I just put it on a new tank and now run the Bayite through my Apex. I. replaced a Inkbird with it.
I ordered a new Inkbird waterproof probe to use on the Bayite off of Amazon.

I used a Hanna Temp check to calibrate both my Apex and Bayite and they both still read the same temp 3 weeks later.
Awesome thank you for the input I read a few reviews of people talking about them melting and stuff but I usually chalk these things to user error and not allocating wattage and volts properly in your set up. Everyone's input here seems to confirm my suspicions about the Amazon reviews

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thank you for the input I read a few reviews of people talking about them melting and stuff but I usually chalk these things to user error and not allocating wattage and volts properly in your set up. Everyone's input here seems to confirm my suspicions about the Amazon reviews

Yes of course you have to make sure you get the correct one for the amps you will be running through it. Keep it away from saltwater ect.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you buy the 15A model you shouldn’t have any problem. My Bayite for the even get warm. It mounted in a cabinet with the Apex.

CB5D98F9-F3D5-4925-8CB2-40C2E665F9DC.jpeg

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you buy the 15A model you shouldn’t have any problem. My Bayite for the even get warm. It mounted in a cabinet with the Apex.

CB5D98F9-F3D5-4925-8CB2-40C2E665F9DC.jpeg
OK cool cause this is kind of the set up I will be using it. I didn't want it to get too hot next to other electronics.

Do you have it plugged into its own dedicated outlet or is it plugged into a rated surge protector?

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK cool cause this is kind of the set up I will be using it. I didn't want it to get too hot next to other electronics.

Do you have it plugged into its own dedicated outlet or is it plugged into a rated surge protector?
It’s plugged in to my Apex

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back