BBQing Reefers - What's on your grill/smoker?

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WSM has had a lonely summer, :-(
Did use the smokey joe a few times this year but need to pick up more charcoal
Just confirmed that the Fast Eddy will get used for a 50pp cook in December :)

The Fast Eddy has been on loan to the BBQ Brethren doing a number of charity cooks this year. Glad it's getting used tp help out folks, but it will be nice to be re-untied (queue the song)

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WSM has had a lonely summer, :-(
Did use the smokey joe a few times this year but need to pick up more charcoal
Just confirmed that the Fast Eddy will get used for a 50pp cook in December :)

The Fast Eddy has been on loan to the BBQ Brethren doing a number of charity cooks this year. Glad it's getting used tp help out folks, but it will be nice to be re-untied (queue the song)

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing some pork shoulder on the rotisserie today! IMG_1498.JPG IMG_1500.JPG
Nice, where can i pick up a rotisserie like that. Seems like it would be nice to cook up some tri-tip or even some duck.

Done up a little cheese yesterday, much better than the smoked cheeses from the store.

IMG_20170916_072549.jpg
Nice, I too smoked up some cheese this weekend. How do you like that a-maze-n smoker tray. Thought about getting one for a while now.

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@gcarroll get the amazen tray or tube, whichever is best for your smoker. I use the expandable tube. Finally getting cool enough here to smoke some cheese in the WSM.
I have no problem smoking cheese and keeping the temps low. This weekend, I was able to keep temps below 85 degrees fot the 3 hour smoke. I am just looking at it becasue it seems as though it will use less pellets than firing up the smoker.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, where can i pick up a rotisserie like that. Seems like it would be nice to cook up some tri-tip or even some duck.

Nice, I too smoked up some cheese this weekend. How do you like that a-maze-n smoker tray. Thought about getting one for a while now.
I really like it so far, it provides a nice slow burn. I and get 4-5 hours of smoke from it depending on the weather and the pellet quality. I grew up with log smokers so all the supplemental smoke I can add to the pellet smoker is a plus. It does a great job adding a little more smoke and throws enough smoke for my cold smoking.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back