BBQing Reefers - What's on your grill/smoker?

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spare Ribs I cut down to St. Louis (rib tips saved of course) Applewood smoke 3-2-1 method at 225-250 degrees. This was during the second hr I believe. Still had a lot more cooking to go in this pic. But its the only pic I took. I typically don’t take pics when I Q But I wish I had a pic when they were done, pre and post glaze!

4F6AED33-BE9A-457D-B03D-7899A7073897.jpeg

Last edited:

flyline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a good friend that lives up in canyon hills.... as far as my tank I think next weekend I’m going to get it wet and start cycling it. When I moved out here I tore down my old tank sold everything so I’m starting fresh. Just bought a bunch of new pumps, powerheads and a protin skimmer along with some other stuff so I’m pretty excited to get it going. Oh and those ribs are looking great.

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a good friend that lives up in canyon hills.... as far as my tank I think next weekend I’m going to get it wet and start cycling it. When I moved out here I tore down my old tank sold everything so I’m starting fresh. Just bought a bunch of new pumps, powerheads and a protin skimmer along with some other stuff so I’m pretty excited to get it going. Oh and those ribs are looking great.
That’s cool, hopefully I get to see your build thread when it gets going. I’m about to do an official one today. What size tank are you goin with?

flyline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to try and do a build thread I’m going to set up a 75 gal.... what about you? What size do you have? Is it set up?

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Hickory wood, and I seasoned them the night before. Then the morning of I take them out of the refrigerator and let them get to room temperature for an hour. I smoke them at 200 degrees for about seven or eight hours. During the last hour I brush on the barbecue sauce to let it caramelize. Then it’s game on.

flyline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those ribs are making me hungry tiger. Goodreefer nice a 125 and a sump in basement... that’s good wish my house had a basement would make hiding the equipment so much easier. I was going to run sump I’m garage but it gets too hot out there during summertime and did not want to buy a chiller.

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those ribs are making me hungry tiger. Goodreefer nice a 125 and a sump in basement... that’s good wish my house had a basement would make hiding the equipment so much easier. I was going to run sump I’m garage but it gets too hot out there during summertime and did not want to buy a chiller.
Yup I got a chiller for that same reason. Dumps in my gargage. Got it used. Good deal and everything worked out perfect

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did 14lb of boneless rib roast yesterday. ~2hrs @ 225 to an internal temp of 123 gave me a nearly perfect medium rare.

Put on the rub the night before, let them come up to temp in the kitchen while we were getting other stuff ready.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 71 34.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 32 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back