Bean Animal return Sump pipe question.

Ratherbeflyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure that would work. On mine, I had problems with the full siphon or main drain pulling air from the surface with a loud sucking sound. So I just removed the standpipe completely and installed a strainer. Though, my overflow is diy glass instead of a reefsavy.

1621730224898.png

I'd suggest either making your main drain a little shorter, or you can add an additional pvc piece lowing the U further down. That would also be easy enough to do after it was finished too.

OP
OP
OldSchool Reefer

OldSchool Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure that would work. On mine, I had problems with the full siphon or main drain pulling air from the surface with a loud sucking sound. So I just removed the standpipe completely and installed a strainer. Though, my overflow is diy glass instead of a reefsavy.

1621730224898.png

I'd suggest either making your main drain a little shorter, or you can add an additional pvc piece lowing the U further down. That would also be easy enough to do after it was finished too.
Add pipes down, can do easily. Thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back