Beananimal

chessplayer86

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2014
Messages
136
Reaction score
18
Location
Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally forgot I had to put that john guest tubing.. The red hose is how it is supposed to go but I will not drill my top tank. (NO WAY) .

Would it be a problem if I drill the aluminum instead. The small hose would be straight instead of a curve doing a upside down L .

WP_20151129_0021_1.jpg

I know I can add another overflow box inside and then do an outside Overflow box only for the bean-animal, but I would like to work with the actual design so the tank is completely sealed on top.
 
Why wouldn't the tank be completely sealed if you did an external overflow box? You can easily place a cover over the external overflow box. Plus, it would make it easier to fiddle with the overflow than having to lift open your top.
 
Why wouldn't the tank be completely sealed if you did an external overflow box? You can easily place a cover over the external overflow box. Plus, it would make it easier to fiddle with the overflow than having to lift open your top.
yeah, would be considering it as my last option. But first I would like to know if I could go for the first option without messing up the beananimal purpose of that small hose.
 
I think as long as the hose can be covered when the water rises to create a full siphon, then the purpose has been met. But, if it was me, I wouldn't want to drill a hole through the aluminum. Also, never seen an aquarium with a lid like that before. Is that a glass aquarium or acrylic?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new