OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duplicate post, sorry still figuring this out.

IMG_0925.JPG

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the finished stand and canopy, minus the doors, which are still being constructed. I built the frames yesterday, hoping to get inserts in today.

Also here is first stab at the rockwork. I left a lot of vertical height for sps corals. Open to feedback.

IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0920.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing happening now. This is a pain lol. Trying to make the measurements precise. I am making two of these contraptions for the return. These are to be hidden behind the overflow wall. Two vectra L1 pumps will be used as returns. They will run into the squids, which then each go Tee off into the display, the squid is a simple divorce that keeps the flow between the returns random. Pardon the mess. It's gonna get messier lol.

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

cgdcinc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been a ton of hard work in this build. It looks amazing! Can't wait to see more.

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been a ton of hard work in this build. It looks amazing! Can't wait to see more.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Still a ton more to do. I am having a large dehumidifier System put into basement where all of my frag and Quarantine tanks are, and it will be connected directly into the living room to help with the main tank's output as well. I am also trying to decide on a way to run plumbing from the sump to the basement where my water making system is. More on that to come later.

Blue Carbon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! A canopy will also stop toddlers from throwing things into the tank as well. :) I am assuming you are not gluing anything inside the sump for the return pumps? I'm sure you thought about needing to take the pumps apart for cleaning/maintenance etc.. Black and orange piping is a good combo, especially in time for Halloween. I would make sure you think about making your QT tank plumbed separately and at least 10 Feet from your display and Frag system in the basement. There have been studies to show Ich can travel through Aerosol. If you haven't read yet Humblefish has a number of great articles on how to properly Quarantine. I would definitely check them out. My only other thought looking at your rock work is get a good fish trap. It is going to be a nightmare to try to catch a fish getting picked on or the bully with all of those places to hide. The fish will be nice and happy though!

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! A canopy will also stop toddlers from throwing things into the tank as well. :) I am assuming you are not gluing anything inside the sump for the return pumps? I'm sure you thought about needing to take the pumps apart for cleaning/maintenance etc.. Black and orange piping is a good combo, especially in time for Halloween. I would make sure you think about making your QT tank plumbed separately and at least 10 Feet from your display and Frag system in the basement. There have been studies to show Ich can travel through Aerosol. If you haven't read yet Humblefish has a number of great articles on how to properly Quarantine. I would definitely check them out. My only other thought looking at your rock work is get a good fish trap. It is going to be a nightmare to try to catch a fish getting picked on or the bully with all of those places to hide. The fish will be nice and happy though!

Thanks for the feedback. Everything in the sump is not going to be glued, and the returns have quick connect fittings built in, so they are super easy to replace. I do have a 3rd unit for backup as well. The QT Tanks are in the basement, and are about 15 feet away from the frag tank system. The main display tank is on the first floor. I did read up on Humble fish's quarantine system and that is what I am trying to follow. I have never quarantined in the past, but I am done taking the risk. I guess I better look into some fish traps just in case one is needed lol

Blue Carbon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. Everything in the sump is not going to be glued, and the returns have quick connect fittings built in, so they are super easy to replace. I do have a 3rd unit for backup as well. The QT Tanks are in the basement, and are about 15 feet away from the frag tank system. The main display tank is on the first floor. I did read up on Humble fish's quarantine system and that is what I am trying to follow. I have never quarantined in the past, but I am done taking the risk. I guess I better look into some fish traps just in case one is needed lol

I have definitely learned the hard way. When you have such a huge system it is way too much to risk.

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have definitely learned the hard way. When you have such a huge system it is way too much to risk.
I agree with you for sure. Slight bit more plumbing done. Had to place another order for some more parts I need, so it's not 100% done yet. Time to start the over flow plumbing next.

IMG_0928.JPG

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great looking build! I love the dimensions of this tank! I don't think any tank I've done have I been able to plumb without about 150 trips to Lowes, haha. Can't wait to see it all come together!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back