OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still trying to finish up the plumbing. Hopefully that will happen tonight. I think I was pretty high or at least light headed from the pipe glue fumes last night, so I had to stop.

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word of warning: Make sure you have a very tight fitting lid if you have known jumpers. Went to basement this morning to check on quarantine tank to find my blue spot jawfish dead on the floor. The tank is an IM 25 gallon tank that came with a lid. There is maybe a 1/4 inch gap all around the lid. This fish is like triple the width of that gap. I have no idea how it jumped out?

Blue Carbon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to hear about this. Do you think there is a chance he jumped out when you weren't looking with the lid open and just didn't notice him till this morning?

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to hear about this. Do you think there is a chance he jumped out when you weren't looking with the lid open and just didn't notice him till this morning?
I guess that is possible. Maybe he jumped when I was feeding the tank last night, though I only lifted the lid, dumped in food, and closed it. So he would have had to be very fast, and I would have had to be very distracted (which is possible as my 3 year old was down with me to check on the new "nemo").

Either way, I will be paying way closer attention anytime I lift the lid. Though I dont think the other fish in there at the moment are jumpers (1 clown, 2 x sunset anthias, 2 x lemon chromis) I will just make it a habit from now on.

Blue Carbon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are definitely jumpers. I have had a clown jump out of a covered QT in the last couple of months. There is barely a wide enough gap where the hang on back filter is on my QT. If there is a way they will find it.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the blue spot jawfish... they are crazy jumpers. They need deep sand beds and cooler tanks. Fish find a way... but they are like little torpedoes.

Love your build. Your stand is killer. The doors just made it all come together.

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sneak peak... anyone guess what these are?

IMG_0963.JPG

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for this tank I went with two 48 inch, 8 bulb ati dimmable sun powers. Each light will have two 48 inch reef bride xho led strips in actinic blue...

IMG_0965.JPG

MarylandTang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible! Do you have any pics of the plumbing in the back, or top-down shots before you put the canopy on? The phone screenshots from the first page don't make it clear how the width of the tank and then the plumbing in the back are set up.

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible! Do you have any pics of the plumbing in the back, or top-down shots before you put the canopy on? The phone screenshots from the first page don't make it clear how the width of the tank and then the plumbing in the back are set up.
I do not have top down pics. I will climb up I. There for one last look before adding water tomorrow will snap a pic then. In the mean time! Plumbing is done :)

IMG_0970.JPG

MarylandTang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!! I'll be curious to hear your impressions of the Neptune Flow Monitoring fittings. They look very promising.

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So apparently I’m no good at build threads. Been a long road to where i am at but the tank is running and cycled. Still need to hook up a lot of equipment, program more on apex, adjust water level / overflow and return rate. But it’s coming along!

6103BBDB-5BE0-4778-82C4-20C4DDCB72A3.jpeg

89411B11-8A83-4464-877F-BDCCD7518289.jpeg

1CF609B4-1FD2-4E18-84CB-F5D509EFEFEE.jpeg

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. I really like that the stand and canopy goes floor to ceiling. That plumbing looks like it took some work, looks clean.

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. I really like that the stand and canopy goes floor to ceiling. That plumbing looks like it took some work, looks clean.
Thanks! Yeah I’ll probablg use all hoses next time, hard plumbing is a pain in the butt.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the tank doing after it hit some water?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back