OP
OP
andywe

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO just to keep myself motivated, Tank is clean and after I took a look at my rock, I decided to cure it out a bit before throwing it into a new setup. So the tank is still empty, but clean! Rock has been curing for 4 days and glad I decided the old tried and true methods...ammonia is way off the hook, as I would expect with rock allowed to just dry....let it feed and burn!!

In the meantime I have a JBJ 28 Nano that I cleaned out. It is finishing it's vinegar soak..had to get a brand new pump for it but that ok. I am going to sell this one I think. 28 JBJ nano, pump, Stand, and optional JBJ Led light..the JBJ Unibody.

Lastly as an Ex Digital Aquatics insider, I have several full and large controller set ups that work just fine and I will sue one to start the Nano Rimless..nothing wrong with it and I have brand new temp probes for it so use what I have before replacing..then I guess they become fancy Christmas light controllers LOL.

OP
OP
andywe

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 5 days the rick cure I think was a great idea. The Ammonia levels are ff the chart *ppm+, and already .68 in the Phosphate range according to my Hanna Checker. Going jsut let it run another week and then do a 1/2 tote water change. I can certainly smell the decay when I lift that lid.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting there...Been going through my controllers...I used to be affiliated with DA so have tons of DA gear around. Still good, just no more support.
Nothing wrong with that. Ive been researching control for my sb reef 16 basics as theres nothing wrong with them, but i have 3 now, so simple wall timers suddenly got a bit more cumbersome.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back