OP
OP
andywe

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with that. Ive been researching control for my sb reef 16 basics as theres nothing wrong with them, but i have 3 now, so simple wall timers suddenly got a bit more cumbersome.
True that!! I do face the inevitable though in that once this temp sensor dies I cannot get another..they last a few years. I have 2 or 3 DA ELites and a few DA lite...I still have a new itemp sensr for the lite as well, tons of PC-4's, SL1's, SL2's Hubs, lol...I can run a lot of tanks..I ran both 230's off 1 ELite unit..was wicked. Made my own bus cables because they only made 6'.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
s
True that!! I do face the inevitable though in that once this temp sensor dies I cannot get another..they last a few years. I have 2 or 3 DA ELites and a few DA lite...I still have a new itemp sensr for the lite as well, tons of PC-4's, SL1's, SL2's Hubs, lol...I can run a lot of tanks..I ran both 230's off 1 ELite unit..was wicked. Made my own bus cables because they only made 6'.
Sounds like a lot of fun actually!

OP
OP
andywe

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And step the, the beginning....rock, water, and sand....
20190717_180017.jpeg
20190717_183537.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will love the jbj 45. I have one and it was a great all in one before I removed the divider and drilled it. Lots of room in the back for all the goodies and upgrades.

OP
OP
andywe

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve, this is actually the originl nano rmliess, the 30 gallon. I had it running for 4 years before I got out of the hobby, ad it is one of my favorite tanks! It is making me start to think about cleaning out ad starting one of my really big tanks up again lol!! Now I am looking at two 230 gallon show tanks side by side sitting empty and thinking "Do I really wanna get that deep again?"

OP
OP
andywe

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got out for awhile back in 2011 or 12..thinking time to get one of my tanks running again. Be cool to see what new innovations have occurred since I got out.
Gotta say coming along nicely. Params are almost.ideal...all.light programming is dine, now just going to adjust for intensity ince I get some PAR readings.
20190719_201054.jpeg

OP
OP
andywe

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on love with the scape you came up with!

LOL thank you!!! Lots of years of doing it wrong has led to doing it better this time. I have probably 300lbs of rock to pick from so was easy to get some small shelves. Tiering it was especially important to me allowing for a natural looking tank and a wider variety of corals, plus keep the front open for fish viewing since this will be a mixed tank. Wife thought I was going allow her to hang frag racks...NO, I don't think so lol.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andy! So glad to see you getting your hands wet and salty again! It has been a long while but good to see an "Old Salt" back in it.

Holler at me if you need anything.

OP
OP
andywe

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andy! So glad to see you getting your hands wet and salty again! It has been a long while but good to see an "Old Salt" back in it.

Holler at me if you need anything.
Heya Lindsey! Im.sure when ready some zoas for the wife. You know how she loves them! We decided it was time once again. Git a few mocha clowns that we like and soon be looking for an anem once I feel the tank has stabilized again . If you need any DA gear I have tons. I couldn't remember if you ran DA or Apex.

20190725_174227.jpeg

OP
OP
andywe

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of great progress!! Tank settled down a few weeks, ago, have a beautiful pair of Mocha Clowns, a sweet little chunk off Miami hurricane, some Nirvana Palys, and now as tonight a nice lil 2 head Duncan frag. All parameters stable. Had to ditch my JBJ Unibody light...it wasn't ramping the way I wanted, so a new Kessil A360X to modernize.

Now the wife is thinking about doing her thing again with fragging, so w 48x 24 frag tank is stating n the works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
andywe

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank parameters have been rock solid, so added a nice Hammer coral (3 large heads), some awesome Zoas the wife loves, and some really cool purple mushrooms... now planning her frag tank. Alreayd procuring a 48x24 frag tank. Hopefully next swap ready for some fun stuff! Frag build will be a different thread.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 78 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back