Been Having A Problem With Instant Ocean's Reef Crystals

reeftankdude

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2021
Messages
552
Reaction score
220
Location
maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I add the salt to the water and mix it real good about three times within a half hour. This is how I always mix for my salt water. However, recently the salt is not completely dissolving. I am getting about an eighth teaspoon of undissolved salt when making two gallons. I have to filter the salt water through a 50 micron cloth, which is troublesome. Thanks all

salt.PNG
 
I stir the water in a 5 gallon bucket and make a water tornado 2 to3 times with io then I net all the dirt and junk out of the middle of the tornado.
 
I will let the water sit for 24 hours the next mix. I may change salts.
 
I stir the water in a 5 gallon bucket and make a water tornado 2 to3 times with io then I net all the dirt and junk out of the middle of the tornado.
I do the same with 10 gallon bucket, except I run the fresh mix through a filter sock on it's way to the sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new