Been Having A Problem With Instant Ocean's Reef Crystals

reeftankdude

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2021
Messages
552
Reaction score
220
Location
maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I add the salt to the water and mix it real good about three times within a half hour. This is how I always mix for my salt water. However, recently the salt is not completely dissolving. I am getting about an eighth teaspoon of undissolved salt when making two gallons. I have to filter the salt water through a 50 micron cloth, which is troublesome. Thanks all

salt.PNG
 
I stir the water in a 5 gallon bucket and make a water tornado 2 to3 times with io then I net all the dirt and junk out of the middle of the tornado.
 
I will let the water sit for 24 hours the next mix. I may change salts.
 
I stir the water in a 5 gallon bucket and make a water tornado 2 to3 times with io then I net all the dirt and junk out of the middle of the tornado.
I do the same with 10 gallon bucket, except I run the fresh mix through a filter sock on it's way to the sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new