Been waiting over 2 weeks and heard nothing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
US customers, if any of you are waiting for analysis and have been two weeks without an scan email update please contact me at [email protected]

Unfortunately we have had a shipment of samples held at customs.

Please email with your ID number and we will send you a replacement test kit.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused but it is not something we can control.

*Note, all other shipments have gone through as normal*

Shameless_Dood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It probably doesn't apply here, but I have one that has been "On it's way" to the California Po Box for over a week, when they said it would be delivered Monday. This would be the second one lost in transit for me in a short period of time.

OP
OP
Tim@Triton

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It probably doesn't apply here, but I have one that has been "On it's way" to the California Po Box for over a week, when they said it would be delivered Monday. This would be the second one lost in transit for me in a short period of time.
Yes, yours is most likely still ok, the barcode scanner has only just arrived at the new address so that arrival email would not have been sent out, you will get the arrival at the lab email very soon all being well. If however you don't hear anything back after two week then please send me an email.

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, yours is most likely still ok, the barcode scanner has only just arrived at the new address so that arrival email would not have been sent out, you will get the arrival at the lab email very soon all being well.

@Tim@Triton.de, it's been over two months, when will the scanner in California be operational? Sent a sample in a couple of days shy of 2 weeks ago and still no acknowledgement it's in your system.

Thanks,

M

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim@Triton

At the lack of response should we begin questioning why the company that pioneered the most sophisticated commercial testing regime in the aquarium industry can't get a simple scanner working?

2 week's ago I placed 2 samples in my mailbox. Both had to go to California before being shipped to Germany for testing. Your competition had results back in 10-days. I have heard nothing from Triton.

Recall this is not the first time you and I have corresponded over missing/delayed samples in the past several months.

M

csockwell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you reached out to them directly? For sure the scanner should be fixed, but its common knowledge they've had some other major issues that they are working out.

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you reached out to them directly? For sure the scanner should be fixed, but its common knowledge they've had some other major issues that they are working out.

Thanks, I do sincerely appreciate the help, but @Tim@Triton is not answering me on purpose because I keep pointing out the hypocrisy of Triton's public statements regarding those issues you mention.

The facility in California and the scanner being just one more example where Triton has over promised and under delivered.

They do have some major problems they are working on and Triton has yet to accept the two largest are transparency and an effective communication program.

M

OP
OP
Tim@Triton

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I have not been here to respond to you in a timely manner as I have had to take some personal time this week.

As for me not answering you on purpose, I think you read into things a little too much. People need to understand that as a small family run company based on the other side of the world we do not have the capability to respond instantly to all posts on forums, Facebook, personal texts 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We are still people after all, not machines.

Now to answer your original post, if you have not heard anything from your sample within 2 weeks then it is generally safe to say that there has been an issue with the postage. Once the two-week threshold has passed then we offer to replace your lost kit free of charge. Being that our preferred form of communication is email I would suggest that if ever you have any questions regarding the status of a sample then you should email [email protected] or if you want me direct then it's [email protected] I will always try to answer every email within 24hours, often a lot quicker but please remember the time difference, take now for example, I am writing this to you at half past midnight when I should be wrapped up in bed.....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back