Beer reviews...

  • Thread starter Thread starter czieler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

czieler

Reefin' Girl
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Location
Jacksonville, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone tried any of the new beers out there lately?

Recently I've tried:

Landshark Lager: very good, very similar to Corona, but with the lime already in it.

Michelob Ultra Amber: this one is okay...better than regular Mich Ultra, tastes sort of like Amberbock.... ok for a low carb beer... Bud Select is still better in my opinion.

Miller Chill: down right awful ( in my opinion ) ... although I only had a small sample of this, after I'd already been drinking Amberbock.
 
Hm...Summer Blonde is the name of it...no idea who makes it...its 9$ for a six pack...def worth it goes down soothe...
 
Victory Stormking is really good.....Only comes out in the fall, Bells beer made here locally in Kalamazoo, MI. One of there best ones is Oberon it has a citrus flavor and packs a nice punch. I really prefer micro brews to any type of macro brews.....
 
I like Root Beer myself!
 
Hoegarden was a really great beer. I picked up a six pack a while back and havent seen it again since.

I really like Oberon to but will always cling to my fav......Newcastle.
 
For you fledgling beer freaks I'd suggest just about anything from New Glarus (check out their Belgian red for the best fruit beer ever), Bell's, Rogue, Dogfish Head, and Three Floyds. If you like rich higher alcohol beers start checking out various Belian Strong Ales. Westvleteren Extra 8, Abbaye des Rocs Brune, and Rochefort Trappistes 8 are some of the best.
 
My favs are Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar Ale, Sammy Smith's Oatmeal stouts, and a handful of other, more common beers (Newcastle, Abita Purple Haze, Abita Strawberry Blonde, etc.).
 
They just started selling Fat Tire in West Memphis, Ar. about a year ago. It's only a 10 or 15 minute ride from Memphis, so well worth the trip if in the area;). They won't cross the Mississippi down here, yet...
 
really?????? Which store is that, I'm up for a drive

Well since it's distributed in the state just ask a local liquor store that has a decent beer selection to special order some for you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new