Beginner corals - loved today, hated tomorrow?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it sad that I’m watching this thread now to see which “hated” corals I might want to add? Lol
Challenge accepted!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Fallling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually a bit bummed my 6 year old GSP colony randomly crashed 6 weeks ago (fully stocked tank and all other coral is totally fine). It was *mostly* contained to one rock and really provided that nice pop of color.

Flip side is the bits that had gotten free from the main rock were starting to become problematic and required occasional scrapping to keep in check- I'm happy those bits are gone now.

Weird seeing GSP crash like that.

Or maybe it was actually the victim from a 2 year old pair of ORA bristletail file fish who just went back to the LFS last week after I caught hem eating zoas, rock flower tentacles, leather polyps... this literally just occurred to me.

Brian Saxby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with green palys. How do you kill this stuff? Xenia was on a piece of live rock I seeded my tank with years ago. My PBT hates Xenia too so he trims it back for me. I love that silly tang gang

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think blue sympodium is a beginner pest coral. I've got some in a soft coral tank and it's a nice change of color from the rest of the tank.

Xenia, particularly the variety that breaks off pieces that float and land next to your favorite sps, gsp if it's not on an island, and boring zoas/plays all get my vote. Pocillopora and kenya tree can be that way too since they pop up in random places.

James w Lewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate zoes, palys, Xenia, green star polypsamd anything that spreads like wildfire and you can’t remove easily from the rock. I would never put them in my tank again.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Green Paly and kenyii tree

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back