Beginner to the Hobby

coastaladdict

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am an intern at Georgia Aquarium and have fell in love with it. I has often thought about carrying the hobby home, and now I'm quite interested. Now I necessarily don't want a coral reef even though they are gorgeous, this is the habitat style I had in mind:
IMG_5138.JPG



Now obviously I feel like invertebrates and rays would be difficult for a beginner [emoji854]. However, I'm interested in just fish and stuff that like that environment. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
 
I also apologize for the bad quality pick, my iPhone camera does not work great right now.
 
A system with good filtration, lighting and LR would be good for a FOWLR tank. Just be sue to leave enough open space for the fish to swim in;)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new