OP
OP
T

TornadoFlipN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now explained the hoses? Always like see and hear about the setup thoughts!
I have 2 built in overflow systems thats meant for input and output of water but I preferred an over tank input of water. 4 holes in all, I used 2 for PVC drainage and the other 2 are backup drainage pipes with cheaper and easier plastic tubing. The other 2 tubes you see in the picture are from filling up the tank with water.

I went with the over tank system because I read that its a lot easier to perform maintenance and the customization part appealed ot me.

OP
OP
T

TornadoFlipN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Like others have asked, the first thing that jumped at me was the missing light in the center. It's fine if you just want fish, but down the line everyone tries their hand at a coral or two (hundred) :cool:
I do have a 3rd light I just havent set it up yet. I wanted room in the middle in case I had to rearrange some rock, plus, I heard its not essential to have a ton of light during the cycling process.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r23.gif

OP
OP
T

TornadoFlipN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Rock work looks great. That sump is awesome.tons of possibilities. Maybe skimmer, reactors, refuge.

Keep us updated

1567634108390.gif
I do have a skimmer, i just installed it in the sump last night. I've been looking into refugium setups. I just recently ordered mud and extra sand to layer over it

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Glad to have you here.

It looks as though you are off to a good start. That going to be a beautiful tank.

Turbo start is good but dont let it give you a false sense of it ready to start loading in livestock. Please take it slow because the only thing that can and will happen quickly is disaster.

Please monitor your water chemistry and keep us posted.
giphy.gif

OP
OP
T

TornadoFlipN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Glad to have you here.

It looks as though you are off to a good start. That going to be a beautiful tank.

Turbo start is good but dont let it give you a false sense of it ready to start loading in livestock. Please take it slow because the only thing that can and will happen quickly is disaster.

Please monitor your water chemistry and keep us posted.
giphy.gif
I’m definitely going to try and take it slow. My next step will be to introduce invertebrates to the tank. Do you think in a months time would be appropriate?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back