Beginning of Coralline Algae?

tmcreynolds

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2023
Messages
50
Reaction score
35
Location
Douglas
What state or country do you live in
Wyoming
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the start of coralline algae? I am in the middle of a dino and cyano battle and noticed these green circles have started popping up on my rock.

20240728_144226.jpg
 
IT could be, but hard to tell. Do you have anything in your tank that already has coralline on it? A rock? or snail shell? Did you use the bottled stuff? I ask because coralline does not just eventually appear in a tank, it MUST be introduced into the tank on something.
 
I do but its purple. Most of my snail shells and frags have it on them and when i first started the tank i scraped some of the shells to try and introduce it. I just want to make sure it is hopefully something positive to offset all the other stuff.
 

Attachments

  • 20240728_144223.jpg
    20240728_144223.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 64

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new