Bellevue High School 412

bioteacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I am playing around with some of the r2r site features to learn how to navigate here and then let my students take over showing what we are up to. If this works like I think it should you are looking at a last light scene in our 412g peninsula style tank.
20140611_182326.jpg

OP
OP
B

bioteacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that worked pretty well, sadly much of the corals that were thriving in this pic were very badly damaged or lost when an outlet popped and we lost all circulation but not the lighting. The display temp spiked and the O2 level dropped off the deep end. We lost 15 fish and most corals. Luckily, we saved the great clam and four of the tangs.

Thankfully we are slowly but steadily replacing and rebuilding. Our local clubs have stepped up and donated salt, some coral frags, and the Central Ohio Reef Aquarists (CORA) donated a brand new Neptune controller.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, sorry to hear about the losses, but glad to hear you were able to save some of the fish and that clam! Kudos to CORA for the Neptune controller donation and we're looking forward to following the tank's progress. :bigsmile:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome and I think it's awesome you have a tank like this in school!

OP
OP
B

bioteacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir. Tons of hard work from the kids and loads of generous support for folks

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back