Berghia nudibranch predators, hazards?

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got some berghia that i've been raising in a seperate tank and im about ready to release some of the big ones into my display to tackle some hard to reach aiptasia.

Im wondering if anyone with experience here can tell me what I should be worried about picking off the berghia. (besides wrasse and pep shrimp)

Tank Inhabitants:
Corals(mainly zoa and euphyllia)
  • orange stripe goby/randall pistol shrimp
  • 2 ocellaris clowns
  • green mandarin
  • 3 green chromis
  • saphire chromis
  • banggai cardinal
  • blue tux urchin
  • hermits (blue leg & thin stripe)
  • snails
  • peppermint shrimp

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got some berghia that i've been raising in a seperate tank and im about ready to release some of the big ones into my display to tackle some hard to reach aiptasia.

Im wondering if anyone with experience here can tell me what I should be worried about picking off the berghia. (besides wrasse and pep shrimp)

Tank Inhabitants:
  • 2 ocellaris clowns
  • green mandarin
  • 3 green chromis
  • saphire chromis
  • banggai cardinal
  • blue tux urchin
  • snails
  • peppermint shrimp
Other than the pep shrimp I don't see a serous predator on your list. Not sure about the pistol shrimp but I don't see that as having a major impact even if it may eat a few.

OP
OP
Mike N

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the pep shrimp I don't see a serous predator on your list. Not sure about the pistol shrimp but I don't see that as having a major impact even if it may eat a few.
Good to hear. The pistol shrimp lives under a rock on the other side of the tank, hopefully he doesn't eat any

kirbuno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll want to put them in after dark to minimize your fish "tasting them" also turn off your pumps to keep them from getting sucked in until they get a foot hold. Make sure you don't feed them to the aptasia! [emoji16]

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tank Inhabitants:
  • 2 ocellaris clowns
  • green mandarin
  • 3 green chromis
  • saphire chromis
  • banggai cardinal
  • blue tux urchin
  • snails
  • peppermint shrimp
How did they work out? Did your peppermint shrimp get them? I am going to try these too, but I'm concerned about my peppermint shrimp. I actually don't know if I still have any peppermint shrimp honestly. I'll have to look in the tank after dark tonight. I used to have some, but they tend to die off over time.

OP
OP
Mike N

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's going very well actually. I'm still keeping them in a separate tank right now to raise babies.
I have 4 giants ready to go in and eat aiptasia, ill probably put them in the display this weekend.
I removed my peppermint shrimp a couple days ago.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back