Berghia nudibranch

clownfish_reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2024
Messages
111
Reaction score
46
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
About 3 weeks ago I purchased 5 berghia nudibranchs for my huge apatasia problem that I was facing but looking at it now I think I completely underestimated those little things. I can’t spot a single aptasia at all on the sand or on the rocks. I just wanted to come on here and ask what would anyone recommend I do with them. I feel bad letting them starve to death and I see them on the glass at night so I’m sure I can catch them. If there’s anyone reading this in the Los Angeles area who would be interested in them let me know. Anything would be appreciated!
 
If they are on the glass at night they are actively hunting and looking for more

The next phase is you will see them on the glass in the daytime. This means they are very hungry. They only have about a week after this starts. Maybe less.
 
What sucks is that more aptaisia are growing, but the nudi's will die before all the baby aptaisia's are found. In a few months you will need the nudi's again and it starts over. It seems to be an ongoing cycle.
 
What sucks is that more aptaisia are growing, but the nudi's will die before all the baby aptaisia's are found. In a few months you will need the nudi's again and it starts over. It seems to be an ongoing cycle.
That’s what I’m worried about too. I saw online some people make aptasia tanks for them but I severely underestimated them and they already cleaned my tank out.
 
Is there any Aiptasia in your sump or overflow that they can't get to?
Sorry for the late response havent been on here for a while. As of now I saw 1 of them during a water change on Friday but other than that I think the rest of them are goners sadly.
 
Any chance you could give them to another reefer locally with an aiptasia problem? Or a LFS?
At the moment don’t know any local reefers I’ve tried posting on a Facebook group but haven’t gotten any responses. Seems most of the groups aren’t that active. As for an lfs I’m not sure they’d be interested but if I manage to catch at least 2 of them I’ll try to offer them.
 
I wish I saw this earlier, I could have put them to good use.
Trust me they wipe out that aptasia quickly. I bought 5 of them for $85 but would’ve been willing to give them for less as I feel bad for them. As someone said previously the aptasia could come back once they nudibranchs were gone which would be another issue for me.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new