Berghia Nudibranch

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered some Berghia Nudibranch to deal with some Aptasia from https://www.saltyunderground.com/
They are supposed to get here on 6/29 and I am excited to see them work.
After they are done I am hoping to find someone in the Fargo Moorhead area that has a Aptasia problem as I feel bad that otherwise the Nudibranch would just starve to death.....

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem is, you may never find them to be able to rehome them. Unless you have a tiny tank. I’ve been through 3 rounds of nudi’s over my 13yrs and never have I been able to find them after they’ve done their job. I’m sure some people have been successful in removal.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only time I tried them, he came in a tiny vial that it wouldn’t come out of. So I put a drop of super glue on it and glued it to a rock with the opening right beside the aptasia I wanted it to kill. The moment it wandered out of the vial, my flame hawk swooped in and bit it, and spit it out. It went over the over flow never to be seen again.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recovered most of the ones I've used in my tanks over and over again. Once they run out of food I find them crawling on the tank glass and suck them out with a turkey baster and put them back in my Berghia holding tank. I also have a tank full of Aiptasia I maintain to feed them in the holding tank.

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recovered most of the ones I've used in my tanks over and over again. Once they run out of food I find them crawling on the tank glass and suck them out with a turkey baster and put them back in my Berghia holding tank. I also have a tank full of Aiptasia I maintain to feed them in the holding tank.
A berghia holding tankd and aiptasia tank is a bit more work than I am up for but does sound pretty cool! Do you keep anything at all in the aipasia tank other than aiptasia?

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A berghia holding tankd and aiptasia tank is a bit more work than I am up for but does sound pretty cool! Do you keep anything at all in the aipasia tank other than aiptasia?
Nope... just Aiptasia. I call it the "nightmare fuel tank". I actually recovered the last Berghia this morning when I saw it crawling on my back glass. I thought maybe the sixline wrasse had a snack because it's been a while since I saw it last but he appeared this morning. Nice timing on his part too because I had just dropped an Aiptasia in there for the others.

EQBardreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered some Berghia Nudibranch to deal with some Aptasia from https://www.saltyunderground.com/
They are supposed to get here on 6/29 and I am excited to see them work.
After they are done I am hoping to find someone in the Fargo Moorhead area that has a Aptasia problem as I feel bad that otherwise the Nudibranch would just starve to death.....
Got some Berghia Nudibranch from Saltyunderground about a month ago and my tank is now completely free of aiptasia. It is remarkable. I have some starving nudibranch if anyone needs some for aiptasia - in Ellicott City, Maryland.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some Berghia Nudibranch from Saltyunderground about a month ago and my tank is now completely free of aiptasia. It is remarkable. I have some starving nudibranch if anyone needs some for aiptasia - in Ellicott City, Maryland.
If I had seen this yesterday when I was in NJ for RAP I might have come and got them. Amazing creatures

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210629_103415.jpg

Received them today they were well packaged and came quick. It was a lot harder to suck them up and place them than I thought it would be, but they came with really good printed instructions which were helpful.

I would definitely buy from saltyunderground again.... but I hope I will not need to haha

Devildawgusmc_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still got these?

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey...
You still have the nudibranchs?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, also... the holding tank is just a small 5g aquarium. The nice thing is that should I get any frags that have an aiptasia on them I just drop the frag in there and they clean it up for me.
Hello I was wondering if you could tell me what type of substrate do you use for the nudi holding tank and also for the aptasia tank ?

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending.on ur infestation it might take weeks to months for them to finish the aptasia. By then they would have bred and finding them all is next to impossible.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 76 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back