BERGHIA NUDIBRANCH

psycomnky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty healthy stock of aiptasia that has grown out in my QT tank. Fortunately, I only have a small amount of pulsing xenia growing in there...funny the xenia doesn't seem to be bothered by aiptasia. my small colony of red zoas were wiped out by the aiptasia through and at the moment, I don't have any fish in QT tank. So far, the aiptasia hasn't made its way into DT. I'm located in southern calif near Palm Springs. I was going to purchase a berghia nudibranch but I understand once the aiptasia is gone they will starve. was wondering if anyone near my proximity has a nudi to rent or would want to share/can use the one I buy. I hate to just let it die.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya you need multiple so that they can reproduce in your tank to make a small colony of Aptasia eaters.

OP
OP
psycomnky

psycomnky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have a 14 gal QT tank and there is no rush to have it cleaned out. I figured one or two could do it as the infestation isn't crazy...maybe 10-15 1/2-1 cm size. this has taken about 4 months to get to this point. I tried hot water, kalkwasser paste and removing rock that it was living on but still growing. Can aiptasia be transferred via fish into DT?

Daddio64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain, I tried lots of ways and the only one that worked was the berghia. I don't think one will do it. I do know they aren't cheap but if you look at how they work they converge on a single aiptasia and take it down. Like I said I never got to see it unfortunately . But from what I've seen on line it's pretty cool. Good luck whatever route you take. I do know if it's gotten to where it sounds like it is there isn't an easy way out. On my current setup when I saw 1 on the back of my lobo I put a few peppermint shrimp in and never saw it or any other. For peppermint I don't think the aiptasia can be very big though, and I've heard it's a luck of the draw if they'll even eat it. Kiss feather dusters good bye too.

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty healthy stock of aiptasia that has grown out in my QT tank. Fortunately, I only have a small amount of pulsing xenia growing in there...funny the xenia doesn't seem to be bothered by aiptasia. my small colony of red zoas were wiped out by the aiptasia through and at the moment, I don't have any fish in QT tank. So far, the aiptasia hasn't made its way into DT. I'm located in southern calif near Palm Springs. I was going to purchase a berghia nudibranch but I understand once the aiptasia is gone they will starve. was wondering if anyone near my proximity has a nudi to rent or would want to share/can use the one I buy. I hate to just let it die.

If you decide to buy, reeftown sells them for cheap:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back