Berghia Nudibranches

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sooo close to clicking the purchase button on a copperband today! Lol. I think greater logic took ahold of me and I opted to get some Berghia nudis to take care of my aiptasia issue.
They come in next week so I’ll let you all know how the process goes.

Also, (I know this will be a while) but if they are successful and wipe out my aiptasia I will be looking to rehome them to someone who needs them so they dont starve. So maybe bookmark this post and check back if you need some Berghias! No charge just passing them along!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sooo close to clicking the purchase button on a copperband today! Lol. I think greater logic took ahold of me and I opted to get some Berghia nudis to take care of my aiptasia issue.
They come in next week so I’ll let you all know how the process goes.

Also, (I know this will be a while) but if they are successful and wipe out my aiptasia I will be looking to rehome them to someone who needs them so they dont starve. So maybe bookmark this post and check back if you need some Berghias! No charge just passing them along!
It’s great you held yourself back until further expertise. Hope the nudis help you

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used nudis twice in my tank and they worked great. Hopefully you don’t have wrasses, they like to eat them. Also, it takes several weeks to notice a difference in the aiptasia reduction (6-8 weeks). Good luck and nice of you to offer to pass the nudis on…if you can find them!

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the same but stopped and went with the Berghia Nudibranchs glad I did it’s been about 3 weeks and they have ate a couple that I can see. From what I hear the magic happens after they start to reproduce. I have 3 small and 10 large to xl in there now we shall see. Good luck keep us posted

OP
OP
Keko21

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets go!!!
4AE1C33D-1B9E-4605-829F-35FA18DEBDE3.jpeg

AstroMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get on with your nudis Keith? We just put 10 8mm into our 750 litre system a couple of weeks back. We already see them out hunting some evenings and they have already noticeably cleared up quite a bit of the smaller aiptasia. Some of them have doubled in size already from how they looked in the container at least. Hopefully they will reproduce and will clear the system completely.

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get on with your nudis Keith? We just put 10 8mm into our 750 litre system a couple of weeks back. We already see them out hunting some evenings and they have already noticeably cleared up quite a bit of the smaller aiptasia. Some of them have doubled in size already from how they looked in the container at least. Hopefully they will reproduce and will clear the system completely.
We just spent a small fortune on 15 .25” nudi from salty underground. I really hope they live and thrive because the aiptasia is going nuts

Pillahump

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us updated! I was thinking of making a similar purchase to combat some aiptasia before it gets out of control.

AstroMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. We added 10 x 8mm (as sold) nudis on August 21st/22nd. They were quite active for a week or two then we started seeing them less. After my last post above we did not see any for a week or so and feared the worst. I have been doing some timelapses in the evenings as that seems to be the best way to monitor them. Here is a video I shot on Tuesday evening this week when I caught a glimpse of one. They have grown quite large already - maybe up to an inch? Interesting thing here is Rocky the coral banded shrimp who appears to be staking out the rock where I saw them - then seems to completely ignore them when they are under his nose. Either he is not interested in them or a crap nudi hunter!?! He was my number one worry as he is constantly out hunting in the night. I’m beginning to think he was going after larger amphipods. I’ve seen him tearing into a bristleworm one night light it was a corn on the cob!

There are two nudis in this video.

EDIT: I think I just noticed a third one on the right near the end!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just spent a small fortune on 15 .25” nudi from salty underground. I really hope they live and thrive because the aiptasia is going nuts
How did they work for oyu that small? I have bought from them before and 1/2 sure didi the trick but took a while. All they have now is 1/4 but scares me being so small for so many reason!

OP
OP
Keko21

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered more actually since i had a resurgence.

I went to reeftown.com last time.

This time trying https://aiptasiagobblers.com/

20 for $100 and free shipping aint bad!

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I bought a few a while back from them as well. Least expensive out there for the size I found. I have never seen them after the release but have noticed some aiptasia disappear. I turned the wave maker off when I added them and watched them crawl into the rocks but not sure since I could never find it, how much flow they can handle. they have to be crawling through my rock and not on top which is why I don't see them. but yeah, they were tiny to see at first but once they stretched out were about 3/4". I also didn't have a lot, just I was not effective with lemon juice or F-Aipt and would see a couple pop up later. right now after maybe a month I only see 2 baby aiptasia. but no, I don't ever see them crawling around.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I used Jeff from reef town. They worked wonders for my system. Just follow the instructions provided. I added a few to different parts of system at same time.

Joe Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread for this topic! I learned to use Berghia with my first system and swear by them. The biggest hurdle challenge with them was always my patience but they’ve always come through with minimal side effect.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great thread for this topic! I learned to use Berghia with my first system and swear by them. The biggest hurdle challenge with them was always my patience but they’ve always come through with minimal side effect.
Agree, it’s not a fast solution but definitely works.

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added about $500 with and never saw them again. Don’t have any predators in my tank and aiptasia not touched. I finally bought some Joe’s Juice and it works but tiny bottle. I need to buy more and make sure it doesn’t get diluted.

Back