Berghia nudibranchs and high nitrates

WalkerLovesTheOcean

I love goniopora!
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2024
Messages
7,698
Reaction score
38,378
Location
East Coast
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Today, I received some berghia nudibranchs in the mail. For some reason, my nitrates are 50ppm. Will there be a problem if I add them? Is there a way I can lower my nitrates right now?

Thanks everyone for your help!

20240515_151740.jpg
 
Can't say if 50ppm is gonna hurt them, but I can say they're well fed (brown in the tentacles) so you have some time. Water change is a fast way to lower NO3. Then do a long, slow drip acclimation and keep the temp right.
 
How did they do with your acclimation? I am looking at buying some and also run a high nitrate system - 20-25ppm.
They did fine. They laid eggs the next day if that means anything. Just do it slow; do not rush.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new