Berghia Nudibranchs - will they survive in a tank that has a Coris Wrasse, Firefish, Starry Blenny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some preditors for aptasia. I tried pepermint shrimp...I think my starry blenny or coral beauty ate them.
I am considering a Copperband Butterfly or Berghia Nudibranchs. Would the nudibranchs survive in a tank with a Coris Wrasse, Firefish Starry Blenny, two clownfish and a coral beauty?

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I got some wrasses in my tank too , I seen one nudi come out at 5 am doubling it size from 1/4 to a inch , after a month of introducing them

rb3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get yourself a Burgess Butterfly. Cleaned up my aiptasia infested rocks. Maybe be nipping at my birds of paradise but I haven’t seen it do it. But I have other high end acros, acan, pectinia, euphelias and Zoas that appears untouched.

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am looking for some preditors for aptasia. I tried pepermint shrimp...I think my starry blenny or coral beauty ate them.
I am considering a Copperband Butterfly or Berghia Nudibranchs. Would the nudibranchs survive in a tank with a Coris Wrasse, Firefish Starry Blenny, two clownfish and a coral beauty?
That’s a great question! I’m afraid the wrasse will make life very challenging for any berghia. There’s a chance it could work (berghia are nocturnal and are less likely to be noticed during the day). But generally wrasses are pretty effective predators of berghia and we wouldn’t recommend it.

i wish I had better news!

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could try Kuekenthali shrimp. They are much faster than peppermints and may stand a chance against the fish. They are also nocturnal and hide during the day which could help avoid predation. A pair of these shrimp cleared out my aiptasia in less than two weeks, and they eat regular food also so don’t starve out like Berghia.

Last edited:

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything that eats aptasia will eat Berghias. Wrasses do as well. Although I have a sixline and when the Berghia had eradicated the aptasia they became active during the day and on my glass the sixline just ignored them.
A0A76852-5455-4C24-913E-EE11D53C0C15.jpeg

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wrasse would be my number one concern, but I have a six line wrasse and he hasn't bothered the nudibranchs yet as they don't come out till lights are out. The issue I'm having is with the bhergia eggs... those are supposed to hatch and give you exponentially more bhergia's, but I have amphipods in my tank and those eat the eggs :/ Other fish won't bother them:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back