Berghia Nudibranchs

JustinMN18

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2020
Messages
342
Reaction score
88
Location
55427
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Just a quick question. I added 3 Berghias to my 100 gallon tank about 2 months ago, and just within the last week I suddenly noticed all of my aiptasia is gone. I had a TON. But now I don't even see baby aiptasia.

I have noticed at night time, they'll go on the glass. Should I be concerned that they don't have any more food? I would say the most aiptasia I've ever been able to count, is mid 50s.
 
Generally once you see them out hunting on the glass it means their food supply is running low. There could still be some aiptasia deeper in grooves of the rock, in your return, in your sump, etc If you know of other locations and you see them out and about I would move them to those areas before trying to rehome them.
 
Unfortunately berghia nudibranch have a very strict diet and they are usually temporarily resident. I know many people buy them from the local fish store and trade it back in once their tank is clean out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new