Berghia vs cleaner shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter Manose
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,165
Reaction score
4,452
Location
Johnson City, Tn
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a order of 20 Berghia coming and want to make sure my skunk cleaner will leave them alone.
The only fish I have are 2 sapphire damsel 2 frosted clowns and a one spot rabbit fish.
I have a small 3.8gallon aio coming to put some rubble in and get them loaded with aptasia so I can raise some Berghia
Any suggestions would be helpful
 
Just about anything will eat berghia eggs so if you plan to raise them the key is having a tank without crabs/fish/pods/etc. Otherwise you may get some to hatch and grow to adults, but it will significantly reduce chances.

Other thing of note that i was shocked by is how much food they eat. I only got 7 after having spent 3 months growing aptasia in a 10g. These guys just mow through the berghia i am not able to grow it as fast as they eat it.

As for the berghia themselves i am not sure is a skunk cleaner will bother them or not sorry
 
Just about anything will eat berghia eggs so if you plan to raise them the key is having a tank without crabs/fish/pods/etc. Otherwise you may get some to hatch and grow to adults, but it will significantly reduce chances.

Other thing of note that i was shocked by is how much food they eat. I only got 7 after having spent 3 months growing aptasia in a 10g. These guys just mow through the berghia i am not able to grow it as fast as they eat it.

As for the berghia themselves i am not sure is a skunk cleaner will bother them or not sorry
Yeah going to get some pantyhose and keep them in the shipping container with holes in it till nighttime and release them then
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new