• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Berghias nudibranchs

netdawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 30g cube with decent amount of rocks, COVERED in aiptasia. How many large Berghies do you recommend?

By the way, GO TRIBE! I'm originally from the Brunswick area

OP
OP
Bbaz123456

Bbaz123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing these are all sold now???
Not yet. I will get a final count on them tomorrow. How many were you thinking about getting?
I've got a 30g cube with decent amount of rocks, COVERED in aiptasia. How many large Berghies do you recommend?

By the way, GO TRIBE! I'm originally from the Brunswick area
I would say a minimum of 6 and you could so 10-12 if you wanted to eradicate faster.
I'm not very far from brunstucky at all. I actually just had my wedding there yesterday.

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took this photo tonight.
Screenshot_2017-05-23-03-00-05.png
To tell you the truth, flow is absolutely no issue at all. Ive had berghias eat on my gyre and inches away from the turbid flow. Ive had them living in my return tubing before lol. They only come out at night(unless they are starving) any pod eater will eat them but is very very unlikely. Unless your six line/melanaris is a night crawler then maybe. 10 dollars for large adults is well worth the money! One of the best investments ive ever made for aiptasia issues.
Your saying any pod eater well how about a manderin dragonet because I'm thinking about getting some of these because I have a good bit of aiptasia in my tank

OP
OP
Bbaz123456

Bbaz123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your saying any pod eater well how about a manderin dragonet because I'm thinking about getting some of these because I have a good bit of aiptasia in my tank
It is very unlikely that any fish will eat them unless that fish also eats aiptasia. The nudis take on the stinging properties of aiptasia and that's why most fish don't bother them. I'm guessing your Mandarin doesn't eat aiptasia☠☠if it did, I'd start breeding that thing and become a millionaire!!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Haha no they prefer not to eat them. Well not speaking for all, but speaking for the 2 ive have. Never tryed to pick at one

OP
OP
Bbaz123456

Bbaz123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What're their survival rates and likelihood of reproducing in my tank?
Approximately 96.74%
Actually, I have no idea since I don't know anything about your tank but for the most part I would say very good.
They are delicate invertebrates(No more so than most corals and inverts we already keep) but as long as they are handled properly and acclimated into a reef tank the survival should be near 100%
The only reason I say "reef tank" is that in sure copper and other medications put into a fowlr would certainly kill them.
If stocked at the proper rate of 2 per 10 gallons the possibility of reproduction should be very high.

Devlin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanting to get 10 for my 2 tanks. But I have rock nems in both. Would they eat them or my jawbreakers?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back