Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 too. I however bought the cheap kind and I have to set up port forwarding to see its remotely. Is there a better,easier, but secure way to access ip camera remotely?

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the camera streaming through? $40 for the camera, how much in bandwidth?

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If thats a waste of money, what would you call this hobby in general?

Haha ya I was literally thinking about my 10 gallon just before checking R2R on the way to Taco Bell. I was thinking I've already invested enough to buy a washing machine (which I don't have).

But I'm working overtime this week. My dad would say be responsible with your full pay check and the overtime is all yours for toys.

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I see a substation and a scada screen next to your tank screen? Are you a dispatcher for a utility?

How's the color rendition on the camera? Typical iPhone quality?

-Matt

Swr377

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine... I have had one for about 6 months. Works awesome.

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2073.PNG

Nick92515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah. Un used wifi baby monitors work too, if u happen to have one laying around, or you can move it for vacations.

marcoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome man! I do the same thing!

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 8.03.37 PM.png

Pardon the mess...working on adding a new system. Also, they are all on their own lighting schedule and I literally just took this screenshot.

TylerS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome man! I do the same thing!
Pardon the mess...working on adding a new system. Also, they are all on their own lighting schedule and I literally just took this screenshot.

My first thought from your pic = Your tank is only half full of water!!! o_O

marcoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first thought from your pic = Your tank is only half full of water!!! o_O

Hahaha! It does look super funky! That tank is actually all the wall full- the to the right of the Red Sea. Its a 90G frag tank. And on the floor is its twin, waiting for the metal stand to show up. The light in the corner...its an experiment. Haha. Switching to T5 and breaking in the bulbs for 50 hours. Not all at once, don't worry, its safe there!

cutty_chris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160830_170946.jpg

I work a weird shift working 12 hour days on for 7 and off for 7... Being off for 7 is great for reefing..working the other seven takes me away from my tank for long periods. So I recently purchased a Zmodo Wifi Camera and have it on a tripod in front of my tank. Now i can see my tank through out the day on my phone or being in a Dispatch office , I put in on a available big screen Tv. Also a couple nights ago while looking at it after lights out, I was able to see my Hi Fin Goby who I had thought had disappeared and his Randall's Shrimp partner who were in the very front of the tank all along living under a old shell. I feel like I take my tank with me everywhere I go now.

971d382e-e3ba-450e-8b1c-3ef0c77bb1c9_400.jpg
How is it at night? I have been using my Digital Life camera to view my tank but it is not good at night. The infrared lights reflect off of the glass and there is a large soace it does not allow me to see. Also it isually does not show the moonlight, instead the video is dark as if the lights are off. When the lights are on it is perfect though.

dkray944

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if this will work well with Radions. The camera I have now is a D-Link and there's a bad glow from the LEDs that's prevents me from being able to see a clear picture of the tank. However it did save my tank a couple times because I can tell if the lights are off or water is low from a power outage.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 55 44.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back