Best 5g Nano pumps for flow

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
2,639
Reaction score
81
Location
Central Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at putting in a Tunze Turbelle NanoStream Pump 6025 but its rated for 11g and up. Does anyone recommend something else for a 5g tank. My return just isn't creating enough flow and I want to add a bit more.
 
I have a couple Jebao DLW-20 in my 25g. I love them for small tanks because they have a very small profile, and the flow is very wide, so the velocity is lower and less problematic for anything directly in front of them. They make a DLW-5 that would probably be great for a small tank like yours, and you can turn the pump down even further if necessary. They can do the typical wave programs as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new