Best affordable microscope

I bought the amscope T490B-LED. Will be here next week.

Have you had time to work with your new microscope? Do you have any feedback, analysis, or information to share?
 
Just played with my Amscope M150C... here's some pics I just took through the eyepiece with my phone... just to give an idea of the quality. And yes, I'm not happy to see so many dinos in my tank, ugggh.

20190111_165652.jpg
20190111_165252.jpg
20190111_165200.jpg


I would like to find a phone holder that attaches to this eyepiece though... you do have to have a steady hand to get pics and videos.
I just bought one. Did you ever find a good cell phone holder?
 
have a AmScope M150C-E-A 40X-1000X
It's about $125 on Amazon, nothing super special but works for some basic Id, algae, pods etc.
 
I just bought one. Did you ever find a good cell phone holder?
No, I haven't gotten a cellphone adapter yet. I just hold the phone very still and pulled away from the oculars slightly to get a nice picture. But, I get a lot of blurred ones as well, lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new