best aio nano

jimmybling31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to know what the best all in one skimmer is. to me I deem that as the one with the best built in skimmer and effective lighting. if there is one with a wavemaker also that would be great. if there isn't I would want it to be one easy to add one to. I am thinkin just for an office tank. I am not talking about it being anything other than a tank to set up at work to be neat at my boring desk.

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm.. not many all-in-ones actually come with skimmers. The only one I can think of is the Red Sea Max, which is pretty pricey for what is included. Most people manage nanos by water changes, adding a fuge to one of the back compartments, or adding an aftermarket skimmer.

If there's a nano skimmer to be recommended, the Sapphire Aquatics one deserves mention. It is designed to fit in the back of a nanocube (one for each version), and I believe biocubes as well. Never had one, personally.

I had a Biocube for awhile. The Nanocubes had some QC issues a couple years ago, but everything is fine now. Really those two are mirror images of each other, imo. You might also look into the Solana, which has a bunch of different lighting options.

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really need to give a price range that of what your looking for. The price ranges have really spread on aio's in the last year or so. But if you are looking for the BEST with everything you'd need, I'd take a look at the Elos Mini. It would make a great office tank but isn't cheap. Other alternatives would be the red sea max, jbj 28g hqi, cadlights, and finnex tanks. All of which come with skimmers and other accessories. Give a price range and we can help narrow you down a path.

OP
OP
J

jimmybling31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
500 and less. the red sea is too expensive. I would rather it use compact fluorescent, but if cf is that bad on tanks like that I would use hqi.

I am gonna look at the ones you mentioned. I wanna make the right choice on it. I don't want to be wishing I bought a different one after a few weeks.

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If thats the case I would narrow it down to finnex, cadlights, and the jbj 28g hqi. I think the rest will be up to your own personal opinions and preferences.

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finnex M30 is a good tank. Just watch cleaning the glass. It is tempered and can scratch really easy. I had to replace the front pane shortly after I got it. I started using a plastic paint scraper on it and that kept it from scratching. It comes with a skimmer but it is not a great skimmer. But it will work OK once broken in. The fuge is nice though. Plenty of space in it.
The Finnex doesn't offer PC though. It is a standard 24" wide tank so easy to add your own lighting. I got the 150wt w 2x24T5 tank setup and love it.
Champion has it priced with shipping included.
http://www.championlighting.com/product.php?productid=31760&cat=406&page=1

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back