Best Algae eater for small frag tank?

Polymate3D

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2023
Messages
258
Reaction score
281
Location
London
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

I am considering setting up a frag grow out tank on my hobby unit. This would have the space for a 80(L)x55(W)x30(H)cm aquarium. 132L, but I would likely only fill to 25cm, which is 110L (29 US Gallons). Idea would be to trim down corals in my little EVO and start growing them out to aid towards the cost of running marine aquariums. I live on the outskirts of London, so demand shouldn't be too bad in such a built up area.

My stumbling block is how to keep frag plugs clean of algae. A CUC will struggle getting to them, and I am imagining any tang is ruled out. Is a algae blenny going to do enough? It's an idea, not a formality, and I will continue with what I currently have for now, but the idea is there, but algae growth is my biggest concern.

- Paul
 
It’s 30 gallons, on the edge but I use a yellow tang.
What a worker. It’s the only fish in my frag. I must get the runts because every one I have never grew past 4”.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new