Best algae eating blenny compatible w/ YWG??

  • Thread starter Thread starter NJBillyV
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NJBillyV

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2020
Messages
157
Reaction score
87
Location
Charlotte NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So YWG's already in the tank and I'd like to add a blenny that's going to aggressively eat algae but not bother YWG.

I'm not very fond of the Lawnmower so, other than that, what would you folks suggest?

Thanks for your thoughts, I really appreciate the help.
 
Pretty much any goby or blenny of similar shape and size may be an issue depending on size of tank.
Tail spot spot blenny an awesome grazer
 
I haven't seen any issues between my YWG and two different blennies. I think any blenny will work, but not sure of any that are great algae eaters.
 
I've always wanted a tail spot blenny, very cool looking fish, but I wasn't sure if they did much in the algae eating department.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new