Best anemone for beginners

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’ve been cycling my tank for 4 months and I’m thinking of making it an only anemone tank with clownfish what do you think is the best anemone for me to keep and do all anemones split

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
green bubble tips are the easiest. All anemone split. Don't get an Anenome until 6 months. or else it will most likely die.
Not sure why the “6 months” rule for nems? As long as your tank is cycled, stable, and has nutrients, you can keep nems, like other inverts.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
green bubble tips are the easiest. All anemone split. Don't get an Anenome until 6 months. or else it will most likely die.
Yeah I’m gonna get some gsp before the anemone to say how well that corak dose I know it’s an easy coral but just to see how it does wont be adding an anemone for couple more months

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock flowers/ bubble tip / and one you would never think of it’s a cold water anemone but but still thrives at tropical temperatures it’s called a Beadlet anemone
4357EA43-B68C-470E-8DCA-52F98A883C69.jpeg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest is one thing but nems come in all shapes and sizes, probably best go for the one the suits your tank and that is a nem clowns prefer rather than the easiest.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking bubble tip how big of a tank do they need mines 15 gallons

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest is one thing but nems come in all shapes and sizes, probably best go for the one the suits your tank and that is a nem clowns prefer rather than the easiest.
I’m gonna have the common ocellaris clown fish my tank is 15 gallons I did want the I was thinking the bubble tip but what do you think

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking bubble tip how big of a tank do they need mines 15 gallons
Probably the best to go for, tho no guarantees the clowns take to them, probably better than average seeing nems will be the only thing in the tank.

They will almost certainly split so count on that, I would not add more than 1 or 2 to get you going, see if they settle then if by a very slim chance they don’t split you can always add more but keep in mind that nems move to find a good location in the tank, with a 15g they will only have so many options so start slow and let them find their place.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably the best to go for, tho no guarantees the clowns take to them, probably better than average seeing nems will be the only thing in the tank.

They will almost certainly split so count on that, I would not add more than 1 or 2 to get you going, see if they settle then if by a very slim chance they don’t split you can always add more but keep in mind that nems move to find a good location in the tank, with a 15g they will only have so many options so start slow and let them find their place.
Yeah I’m starting with 1 and I’m only haven’t anemone in the tank maybe some gsp just to see how coral does before I add the anemone it would be cool if they split and the clowns I don’t kid if they host it or not they can do what they want

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m starting with 1 and I’m only haven’t anemone in the tank maybe some gsp just to see how coral does before I add the anemone it would be cool if they split and the clowns I don’t kid if they host it or not they can do what they want
Try and get one that has split from a nem that has been in a tank for a while, rather than straight from the sea, tank bred nems will be more adapted to being in tanks.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try and get one that has split from a nem that has been in a tank for a while, rather than straight from the sea, tank bred nems will be more adapted to being in tanks.
How do I work out if it is a split one do I just have to ask them or do they sell them differently

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice for beginners : cover all powerheads , power filters,and even heaters....

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bred 60 to 70 this year in captivity the Beadlet anemones don’t split . The male releases sperm into the water which the female takes in and broods the young and when ready she blows the young anemones out into the water

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back