OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I was trying to say “The issue isn’t short lived anemones, but rather being unable to provide an adequate environment for them to survive” in a less straightforward manner.

Exactly that’s almost always the reason like trust me the anemone wants to live bud it’s just u didn’t give him the right living conditions lol[emoji23]

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval evo 13.5 and wanted that just as a nem tank with a pair of clowns (and with some hammer frags from main tank) I only had one BTA that just got huge and nearly touching front and back from where it was and the clowns not caring at all for it. Now that has split into 2 and clowns going near but not in yet after 3 months. So nothing is set in stone for a nem to host the clowns. I did have a green BTA in an old tank for over 4 years before I downsized and sold it.
DSC_1896.JPG
DSC_1897.JPG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Rock anemones and BTA , no doubt. Just picked up 3 of these BTA nems last Saturday from a club member for $45

BT2.jpg

2slow95vert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck with rock flowers, BTA's, and maxi minis. Also have mini red carpets, and while very nice, don't seem to stay put

Sharkbate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so my ultra rock anemone seems to be the only Coral I can keep in my 13.5 gal everything else I’ve had to transfer to my 55 gal so I’m thinking of switching my 13.5 to a anemone only tank. So the question is are what would be great anemones to put in there besides condylactis because they typically don’t seem to live long and I just don’t like them. What are some anemones that live long split great and obviously are beautiful? Also hardy is important thank you all ahead of time

You could go with bubble tips which may be an easier one to keep. You will need good flow and conditions and a good strong full spectrum light would be favourable . If lighting is good,regular feeding will not be required . I just “treat feed” my Nem tank and this helps keep the pollutants out cus when Nems poop they poop !!

I have a mixed Nem Nano with Green and rose bubble tips two Ritteri a mini maxi and all right next to each other getting along just fine.

Splitting nems can be good and bad if constantly splitting and they remain small and stringy I would say not good ! And something is off in your tank . Ideally you want a happy split not often and they both fill out and get bigger .

I run carbon permanently and do 1/3 water changes weekly . My pair of mixed clowns love it .

I was inspired by melevsreef on you tube. He has a anemone cube but much bigger than mine . Defo worth a view.

Good luck

E88BF6FA-1889-4CE7-9F80-8BA56A665086.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could go with bubble tips which may be an easier one to keep. You will need good flow and conditions and a good strong full spectrum light would be favourable . If lighting is good,regular feeding will not be required . I just “treat feed” my Nem tank and this helps keep the pollutants out cus when Nems poop they poop !!

I have a mixed Nem Nano with Green and rose bubble tips two Ritteri a mini maxi and all right next to each other getting along just fine.

Splitting nems can be good and bad if constantly splitting and they remain small and stringy I would say not good ! And something is off in your tank . Ideally you want a happy split not often and they both fill out and get bigger .

I run carbon permanently and do 1/3 water changes weekly . My pair of mixed clowns love it .

I was inspired by melevsreef on you tube. He has a anemone cube but much bigger than mine . Defo worth a view.

Good luck

E88BF6FA-1889-4CE7-9F80-8BA56A665086.jpeg

Looks freaking gorgeous nice man I’ll definitely check him out thanks

OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval evo 13.5 and wanted that just as a nem tank with a pair of clowns (and with some hammer frags from main tank) I only had one BTA that just got huge and nearly touching front and back from where it was and the clowns not caring at all for it. Now that has split into 2 and clowns going near but not in yet after 3 months. So nothing is set in stone for a nem to host the clowns. I did have a green BTA in an old tank for over 4 years before I downsized and sold it.
DSC_1896.JPG
DSC_1897.JPG

Awesome yeah it’s never a guarantee host with clowns but myn are getting really close to my nem hoping they’ll host thanks beautiful bta u got man

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back